What's new

Facon Kamisori

So, I recently picked up a kamisori shavette from Amazon. Its a Facon and it uses halved DE blades instead of artist club style blades. To me, it competes in the same league as the CJB and other inexpensive artist club clones.
I used it for the first time yesterday and I must say, its not bad. I like how you can use any DE blade that you want, instead of being forces to use Feather, Kai or Schick and it seems fairly well made.
The best part of all, it only cost me $9.

I have both the Facon AC and DE Kamisori Shavettes. I like them both too and they are definitely worth the $9.95 they each cost on Amazon. The AC Kamisori is chrome finished and the DE Kamisori has some kind of black coating. They each seem to hold the blade securely and evenly. I like their size and handle design which makes them highly maneuverable. So far I have been getting smoother shaves from my Parker PTW Shavette but using the Kamisoris is fun and I am getting improving shaves with them as I use them more.

I have both the Facon AC and DE Kamisori Shavettes. I like them both too and they are definitely worth the $9.95 they each cost on Amazon. The AC Kamisori is chrome finished and the DE Kamisori has some kind of black coating. They each seem to hold the blade securely and evenly. I like their size and handle design which makes them highly maneuverable. So far I have been getting smoother shaves from my Parker PTW Shavette but using the Kamisoris is fun and I am getting improving shaves with them as I use them more.
So there is one for 1/2 DE blades and one for Feather/Kai blades? I have the 2nd and it's ok. Just looked for a Kamisori 1/2DE none available....just shavette style.....any chance you can post a pic of yours?

Last edited:
So there is one for 1/2 DE blades and one for Feather/Kai blades? I have the 2nd and it's ok. Just looked for a Kamisori 1/2DE none available....just shavette style.....any chance you can post a pic of yours?

Here is a picture of them, the black Kamisori Shavette uses 1/2 DE blades and the chrome Kamisori Shavette uses AC blades.

20210221_162211.jpg

Thx will keep looking for the black one.
If you go to amazon its this one - 100 BLADES + Facón Professional Standard Japanese Straight Edge Feather Barber Razor - Salon Quality Cut Throat Shavette https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RK5MM3Z/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_HF7YQST7VGAT7FWNXPNG

That is what I was saying in my post above. This same amazon posting used to be for the artist club one, so a lot of reviews are for that razor. But at some point in december it changed to the half DE one

Top Bottom