What's new

Facial Wash

Aloha,

Has anyone else used shaving soap and a brush to wash their face? I was practicing my bowl lathering technique, with my supply of Col Conks soap, and decided to lather up my face since it was already to go. After I did my normal areas and rinsed off I noticed how clean and soft my skin felt. Since I had extra lather I decided to apply it to my whole face. After rinsing it was amazing how clean and soft my whole face felt. The next day I decided to try face lathering, so I applied the soap to my brush and went to it creating a sort of nice lather. (I still need some work on the face lathering part). Yet, I was still amazed at how clean and soft I felt after rinsing. I was thinking of using the rest of my Col Conks supply for washing my face daily. I am using a Semogue SOC brush since it has the backbone for hard soaps and I love that scratchy feeling. Is there any downside to this practice?

Mahalo,
Merry Christmas!!!

I STILL have no clue as to why people waste energy swirling a brush is a bowl when it can be applied to your face whilst lathering AND exfoliating at the same time!:confused1

I get plenty of exfoliation from running a blade across my face. :)
i use a bowl because it works for this newbie. I get loads of glorious lather.

I've lathered up with proraso green to wash my face before bed. I just have to make sure to take it easy as too much face lathering can irritate my skin.

I shave every 2 days, but I face lather every morning. Helps to exfoliate, prevent ingrown hairs, clean my pores, generally just cleans and massages my face. The result is a smooth, happy face.

I don't see a problem with it, if it works for you then don't worry about it, your skin will tell you if there is a problem.

Top Bottom