What's new

Face Wash Recommendation

My SWMBO got me a couple trial sizes of the Clinique stuff she uses, for me to try. It's a liquid you rub on your face with a cotton pad and a cream you use afterwards. She loves the stuff and buys huge bottles of it from Belks.

I typically use the Cetaphil for my face. Gentle, yet it does a fantastic job. My dermatologist recommends it to all of his patients. Don't be mistaken by the lack of foam, it does a great job. Recently I have tried Biore Active Ice blemish fighting cleaner and it does tingle and dries out your face a bit more
Can you tell me the product you are referring to please ? i have looked on Cetaphil website and am a bit confused with the Cleanser and the bar soap not sure which to go for i would prefer the soap i must admit

+1 to jack black and keihls (both have a regenerative/awakening line) but both are very mild and the jack black is paraben and sls free as well as vegan.

Checks and balances is a great product. My wife uses it and I will sometimes sneak a bit from her. She has had the same tube for a long time now.

I have skin that dries easily, and most of these dry me out way too much. I'm currently using gillete proglide face wash, it smells good, works ok. Looking for something with moisturizers.

+1 to both Every Man Jack and Kiehl's. The kiehl's "ultra facial cleanser" is great for really sensitive or dry skin (it's my go-to in the winter). I generally use the every man jack "skin clearing face wash," though; it's cheaper than neutrogena and also lacking sls and parabens and such. Good stuff.

Glycerin soap. The Whole Foods brand is cheap and functional. MRGLO is very good but a little pricey. I also suggest using a moisturizer.

I've only recently started looking for a decent facial soap myself, but the Nivea for men has worked well and is refreshing.

I think I have similar skin, maybe leaning more to "oily". But dry spots don't get bothered by... Kiehl's Facial Fuel wash. (I don't know all the products in the "Facial Fuel" line... but this one's a gem. Single pump gives about a nickel-size bead, and that's more than enough. So while pricey by the oz, it will last).

Of course I can't say it's better than the other recommendations which, for the most part, I haven't tried. Get a Kiehl's sample though, so you can at least know what it is. (And as recommended earlier, the "ultra facial cleanser" you can sample, too, at the same time).

I have been using Netrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser. It's cruelty-free and gets high ratings from the skin guru, Paula Begoun.

I just got a bottle of baxters face wash. I really like it, my face feels great after using for a week or so. $15 for a big bottle I forget how many oz's but its at least twice the size of most face washes. It has a pump top so no guess work with how much is needed. 1 pump was plenty. I also use every man jack wash and scrub. Its a good face wash for under $7 for 5.5 oz and can be found locally.

Glycerin soap. The Whole Foods brand is cheap and functional. MRGLO is very good but a little pricey. I also suggest using a moisturizer.

Does just glycerin soap leave your skin oily? I currently use Neutragena Deep Clean, but want to switch to something more "pure" for my next product?

Does just glycerin soap leave your skin oily? I currently use Neutragena Deep Clean, but want to switch to something more "pure" for my next product?

Glycerin soap does a great job at cleansing the skin, and in my case, too good a job. I've tried brands like Pear's and Neutrogena in the past with little luck. Immediately after use my skin would look and feel great, but within a half-hour I would be really oily again. I just think it's too harsh for me and I would end up stripped. But I can see how it would work really well for others with a different skin type. Give it a shot, it's cheap stuff. Neutrogena's Transparent Facial Bars are a good place to start. Good luck.

http://www.neutrogena.com/product/facial+cleansing+bar.do?sortby=ourPicks

I have slightly oily skin on my face no matter what I wash with. I found that the best way to tone it down is to mosturize twice a day.

Top Bottom