What's new

Face lathering with creams

I love face lathering, but I only do that with soap pucks. Anybody got a good technique to do that with cream?

I've tried applying the cream directly to the brush, but that didn't work as great as I wanted. Of course, I put the amount I would have put into a bowl onto the brush.

thanks!

-jim

I recently started doing this after having to travel and not having a shave stick.. I smear it on my wet cheeks and then start lathering. I also found it does seem to take a little more product than when I lather in a bowl.

When traveling I take a tube with me so I end up putting the cream on the brush as well. I use the same amount I would in a bowl too. The one thing I do is lightly squeeze the water out of the brush and the put the cream directly the middle of the brush and about 3/4 from the base of the handle. I really work the lather much longer than I do even with soaps and also do an occasional dunk in the sink if the lather is too dry. This seems to work for me but I sure others have some tricks too. Hope this helps.

Hi Jim,
I've had good luck face lathering tube SC's. The technique that has worked the best for me is...I put a almond size snurdle of cream deep into my brush. I then wet my face and go to it. I've found it to take a little longer to get a good lather going, but with some patience it's a fun way to lather.

I face lather creams all the time. I put a small amount of cream on my brush (almond size) and go to work. About 60 seconds later I have a vast amount of lather on my face and in my brush. Works like a charm!

When traveling I take a tube with me so I end up putting the cream on the brush as well. I use the same amount I would in a bowl too. The one thing I do is lightly squeeze the water out of the brush and the put the cream directly the middle of the brush and about 3/4 from the base of the handle. I really work the lather much longer than I do even with soaps and also do an occasional dunk in the sink if the lather is too dry. This seems to work for me but I sure others have some tricks too. Hope this helps.

Jim, similar process for me. Most creams build nicely on my face when I start but to really build up some pillowy lather, I don't hold back on water - sometimes to the point the water drips a bit but soon develops a ton of lather. This morning, this worked well with T&H Grafton. Nice!

I smear some on my neck then scrub away. I like to exfoliate there more because Im prone to ingrown hairs, I like to think it helps pull the hairs up better. Well in my mind it does lol. It usually leaves enough soap on my brush for another pass or two.

I face lather creams all the time. I put a small amount of cream on my brush (almond size) and go to work. About 60 seconds later I have a vast amount of lather on my face and in my brush. Works like a charm!

This works for me too.:thumbup:

Right On! Thanks guys, I just got done and had a fine shave! I used the trick of putting the cream into the brush. I just sort of laid it on top when I tried this before :001_rolle

And then like Bill mentioned, used more water then I thought and man, I had the GFT Rose going!

I have some creams in bowls too, so I'll go the smear method with those. I suspect I need to smear it on with my face pretty dry?

I love face lathering! And now I can do it with my creams.

:thumbup:

-jim

Hi Jim,
I've had good luck face lathering tube SC's. The technique that has worked the best for me is...I put a almond size snurdle of cream deep into my brush. I then wet my face and go to it. I've found it to take a little longer to get a good lather going, but with some patience it's a fun way to lather.

+1 That is what I do too. With a cream that lathers easily you get a fountain of lather spewing out of the brush after a while. The first few moments are a bit awkward because nothing seem to be happening but just keep swirling on your face and then the magic happens.

If putting a dollop of cream on the brush doesn't work for you, you can try putting your cream in a tub and dipping the bristles in the cream to load up.

Only way i lather these days is face lather :thumbup1:! For some reason it feels it's the only way to do it right for both cream and soap.

Just whirl the brush around cream puck or squeeze some on the top and start lathering directly on face.

Right On! Thanks guys, I just got done and had a fine shave! I used the trick of putting the cream into the brush. I just sort of laid it on top when I tried this before :001_rolle

And then like Bill mentioned, used more water then I thought and man, I had the GFT Rose going!

I have some creams in bowls too, so I'll go the smear method with those. I suspect I need to smear it on with my face pretty dry?

I love face lathering! And now I can do it with my creams.

:thumbup:

-jim

I use TOBS Mr. Taylor in the bowl, and I just swirl the brush in the bowl like with a soap.

I solely face lather and predominantly use soaps, however when I do use creams, I treat them exactly the same way. A squeezed out brush, load the cream on the brush like a soap, and then build lather on a wet face.

David

+1 - The only cream I've used so far is Nancy Boy and it is really good. Right up there with Cella soap/hard cream.

I put a snurdle of cream in a small bowl and load my brush. I then proceed to lather it up on my face. Works like a charm.

When I face lather, which is not that often, I rub a small amount on my wet face and then work the brush on my face.

Top Bottom