What's new

Face lathering, what's your favorite brush?

I've been face lathering for about 2 weeks, and I've noticed that the hair is more easy to cut and the slickness is improved by working and building the lather directly to the face.
My favorite brush for this matter, is the Semogue Soc Boar, or the Yaqi 2 Band Badger. I've tried the Yaqi Sagrada Familia but I don't like the backbone and I find it really hard to open up in my face...

What's yours? Share with me, and I could be purchasing your favorite brush :)

I only face lather and have settled on a ‘rotation’ that offers plenty of variety. No favorite child here!
Simpsons: Duke 2, 57, Chubby 1 and Wee Scot in best. Tulip 2 and 3 in super.
Rudy Vey: two lovely 2-bands.
Shavemac beagle in both fan and bulb.
:a29::a29::a29:

I mostly face lather, and I enjoy all the brushes in my rotation for face lathering. However, if I really have to play favorites, Omega Jade Premium boar, and PAA Solar flare. Very different brushes, the Omega has a lot of backbone and scrub, and the Solar Flare feels like silk clouds, but they both make great lather directly on the face. Neither of these are favorites for bowl lathering.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I’m also in the “variety” camp and rotate a modest stable of brushes for face lathering. If pressed, my old Col.Conk boar does a lot of things right.

Another pitch for shavemac 2Band Silvertip

1644262084610.png

As a formerly exclusive bowl latherer, I've been face lathering with all my brushes over the course of the past three weeks or so. The winner is a vintage Ever Ready E150 boar, although it's a little prickly still for my taste. I think my next favorite is tie between a Yaqi two band and a vintage horse. I like the feel better on those but the Ever Ready makes the best lather, every time.

I like my Atomic Rocket. It probably isn't the best splaying brush for face lathering, but if are looking for an inexpensive option it is a good value.
I exclusively face lather and have several Simpson Manchurian and Semogue Finest brushes. I love all my brushes but if I absolutely had to pick just one it would be the Simpson Duke 3 Manchurian.
Yeah, if I was going to choose one of your brushes I would probably choose that one too. :thumbsup:

This morning my favourite for face lathering Proraso green was the ever so under rated cheapest Omega S brush with a red handle. IMHO it's got to be the best synth version of a boar brush there is.

This brush has a 31mm boar knot in it. The loft is set at 57mm with an effective loft of 50-53mm. The handle is 58mm tall with a total height of around 115mm. It's a hefty 121 grams.

It took a few shaves to get used to the large handle and weight. It is my fixed four brush. I could not be happier with it in all aspects of performance. I have been using it for my face & head shaves since last November. The second pic shows brush development up to last shave. Zenith B-35 Boar.
06467453-615F-4A82-9587-404BDF79C6F3.png

24986214-A324-4D32-B723-F212F8BEDB78.jpeg

Top Bottom