What's new

Face lathering tutorial~another way to a great shave!

Great job and a great help. Just did the face lathering thing for the first time. I think the bowl is about to be sent to the far reaches of the shave den...

Great job and a great help. Just did the face lathering thing for the first time. I think the bowl is about to be sent to the far reaches of the shave den...

Glad this helped you. I still keep a bowl around for the rare occasion that I use a cream. For some reason I still like lathering creams in a bowl even though face lathering would work.

I definitely like this lathering method. Working a soap in a bowl was confusing for me. Just couldn't get the lather right. I got some new C&E Sandalwood soap in the mail today and had to try it out. Forgot I shaved this morning and ate my face up, but the lather was fantastic!

I definitely like this lathering method. Working a soap in a bowl was confusing for me. Just couldn't get the lather right. I got some new C&E Sandalwood soap in the mail today and had to try it out. Forgot I shaved this morning and ate my face up, but the lather was fantastic!

I definately suggest Face Lathering to anyone with C&E soap.

Thanks guys, I needed this! And it worked out great this morning. The bowl lathering tutorial is good as well, I've to admit, but the bowl-thing is just too much ado for me.

Directly from soap to face is the way to go, yesss!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Great tutorial - I didn't believe in face lathering before, I love my little bowl too much but it seems that I get more from the soap than charging a brush and building lather in the bowl. Great work!

Do you guys splash your face with warm water in between pass 1 and 2? I did that today and found that the resulting face lather on pass 2 was very thin and required me to work it for a while.

Do you guys splash your face with warm water in between pass 1 and 2? I did that today and found that the resulting face lather on pass 2 was very thin and required me to work it for a while.

I do. But on the other hand, my brush became so thin (it is a cheap Wilkinson brush I inherited from my dad) I have to reload between passes anyway, so I don't mind/bother.
And this way my lather on very pass is as good as on the first pass.

I rinse my face with warm water before I apply lather for second and third passes. I don't have a problem with the lather getting too thin. I would try to get more soap into the brush when you are first charging it up. Also don't add as much water to the brush when creating lather on your face for the first pass.

Glad you folks are enjoying this one. This post and many other awsome tutorials are listed in this Shave Clinic forum sticky thread:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=42266

Unfortunately (and perhaps embarrassingly) I get this;

"Bushranger, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system? If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

Can I gain access? :001_smile

Top Bottom