What's new

Face lathering tips for samples?

I'm moving towards short lofted scrubby brushes that work really well for face lathering, not so much for bowl. Works great to load a scrubby off a puck. But what about samples where there is no tub/puck? Any tips on how to face lather with sample size soaps?

Put the sample in a ramekin, smash it into the bottom, and load the brush from it. Then face lather it.

Use less water in the brush to start with as well.

Last edited:
Wow! Learned a new word. Had to look ramekin up. 🙂. Thanks! I bought some Stirling samples last year which were easy as they were a thin slice off of a puck and were about 4" around. Fit nicely in the bottom of an old soap tub. I'll do the same with these blobs of soap that came in a bag, smash them out in the bottom of an empty soap tub. Got lots of those. Really enjoying face lathering with a scrubby Zenith boar.

Wow! Learned a new word. Had to look ramekin up. 🙂. Thanks! I bought some Stirling samples last year which were easy as they were a thin slice off of a puck and were about 4" around. Fit nicely in the bottom of an old soap tub. I'll do the same with these blobs of soap that came in a bag, smash them out in the bottom of an empty soap tub. Got lots of those. Really enjoying face lathering with a scrubby Zenith boar.
Yeah, or an empty soap tub. :) I don't keep soap tubs, so I just use small bowls with snap on caps.

What about creams. If not using a bowl do you rub the cream on your face? Resizer_16011628817390.jpg

Top Bottom