What's new

Face Lather, or Bowl?

Soaps I face lather with

Creams I "prime" the lather on my palm or in a bowl first to get it going before moving to a face lather.

There are some unique cases. Williams, for example, takes so much load time and water that it's just easier to bowl lather. Sometimes right on top of the puck. For soaps that aren't ****, however, it's always the first two cases.

I’m weird.... I face lather for my first pass and use a bowl for the 2nd and 3rd.

I load off the puck and lather my face first. Then dip the brush in water like a normal person to get a good lather going on my face. I then put my brush in my bowl (have to put it somewhere!) while I do my first pass then add a tiny bit of water to the bowl for passes 2/3.

I just started doing this recently and have always been a bowl latherer. My method works perfectly for me.

I like to face lather but every now and then i bowl lather...mainly use the bowl to stick my soap puck in when im loading

For me one of the satisfying and fun parts of the shave is lathering in a bowl. Used to face lather, don't anymore.

Only ever known face lathering. Admittedly, its harder with boars and some over the counter plastic brushes.

Its why I've bought every plissoft brush I could lay my hands on. Working up a great lather with those little circles on my cheeks is the best part of the shave for me.

Both depending on which soap or cream I use Tobs, Truefitt and hill and Cella are perfect for a face lather, anything harder then that I intend to bowl lather

Both. Put an unwrapped stick of Arko in an old shaving soap container (I don’t bother with re-shaping it), dip the brush in hot water, load it up with soap (5-6 seconds), then face lather. Works great for me.

Both. The choice depends on the soap/cream, brush, the amount of time I have available, and my mood. Thankfully, I've had great success with both methods.

Top Bottom