What's new

F1-No more "Grid Girls"

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Exactly. I mean this is the second thread we’ve had with grown men crying in their beer over the loss of scantily clad babes on the TV. Time to man up!

Nothing worse than beer watered down with tears.
I'd say it how Chopper Read would but that would have me out of here before the next race.

Meanwhile in Aussie at the Bathurst V8 Supercars, they caused a outcry when they restricted the beer you could take in to 24 cans of full strength beer per adult. WHAT!!! only 24 cans, how's a man meant to watch the V8's without enough fuel to get through the day.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I'd say it how Chopper Read would but that would have me out of here before the next race.

Meanwhile in Aussie at the Bathurst V8 Supercars, they caused a outcry when they restricted the beer you could take in to 24 cans of full strength beer per adult. WHAT!!! only 24 cans, how's a man meant to watch the V8's without enough fuel to get through the day.
Do like me and marry a woman who doesn’t drink beer. Now you’re at 48 cans.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd

I don't know. Doesn't sound too unreasonable- 24 Forster's oil cans would hold me through LeMans, which will be won by Fernando Alonso this weekend.

It's time to have "that talk" when you hear...

"when I grow up I want to be a Hooters girl"

I haven't seen a Hooters in years, which is fine because they feature horrible food at inflated prices. Even the wings at the ones I've been too are really bad and that's their signature food.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
One could ask whats the purpose of f1 girls .The entire concept is pretty silly if you think about it. Does any schlep at a game or a race think these women would actually talk to you other than to call 911 do they help the driver? No. baseball doesn't have cheerleading

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
One could ask whats the purpose of f1 girls .The entire concept is pretty silly if you think about it. Does any schlep at a game or a race think these women would actually talk to you other than to call 911 do they help the driver? No. baseball doesn't have cheerleading
No, it doesn’t. I love baseball, but can’t follow any team for a season- too long.

They serve the same purpose as cheerleaders and ring girls (scanty clad women holding a sign announcing the round # during a prize fight, like those in attendance have problems counting to 10).

It is eye candy. Nothing more.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I suppose the difference to me in terms if my outrage is the audience. If its a general audience with families and kids im not outraged
What makes my head spin is the lack of consistency so a group outraged at the f1 "controversy" is supportive of a local government that requires female professional dancers working their way through college to dress in a certain way or be required to wear specific clothing while working in an establishment that does not allow kids
So ive read

I suppose the difference to me in terms if my outrage is the audience. If its a general audience with families and kids im not outraged
What makes my head spin is the lack of consistency so a group outraged at the f1 "controversy" is supportive of a local government that requires female professional dancers working their way through college to dress in a certain way or be required to wear specific clothing while working in an establishment that does not allow kids
So ive read

Hypocrisy is a high art in politics and moral codes.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
So ive read

Hypocrisy is a high art in politics and moral codes.

Exactly.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
The cheerleading was, for her, fulfilling her desire to be a professional cheerleader

This point is, both for cheerleaders and grid girls, not to be undervalued. If this is a young lady's chosen profession, her desire to hold that position, we as a society should not limit her in that or take that opportunity away from her except for a very good reason. "Anachronism" is not a good enough reason. Now, some might say "hey, sister, go be a scientist instead".

An interesting observation:

There is a significant proportion of the population for whom holding any sort of job is a challenge simply due to pulling the short straw on the IQ lottery. Now, I have never personally met a grid girl and I'm sure they come from all sorts of IQ levels ... but ... "stand there, smile and giggle" is the sort of job that is open to a very broad range of IQ levels, in a way that "scientist" or "teacher" isn't.

The world needs a bit more Al Bundy, and a whole lot more "lighten up, Francis"

proxy.php

"If anyone touches the tallow in my soap ... I'll kill him!"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/r

I didn't know they had a farm system.

proxy.php

Even the wings at the ones I've been too are really bad and that's their signature food.

And here I thought it was their milkshakes that brought all the boys to the yard.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Good point @Doc4. It strikes me that many of those that tout inclusiveness, non judgement, and tolerance, are often ripe with hypocrisy.

As I said in post #61, I have some first hand experience with the industry (the modeling industry as well as Professional cheerleading) and in my experience, the IQ range mimics broader society.

This point is, both for cheerleaders and grid girls, not to be undervalued. If this is a young lady's chosen profession, her desire to hold that position, we as a society should not limit her in that or take that opportunity away from her except for a very good reason. "Anachronism" is not a good enough reason. Now, some might say "hey, sister, go be a scientist instead".

As much as I do not undervalue or denigrate women who wish to pursue this line of work, it is also not a valid reason to perpetuate it regardless of the desires of said women either. The market will determine its value and not those supplying the product or service and right now the market has moved on from this type of strictly eye candy position, thus it is an anachronism that will be eliminated in the fullness of time. This is not a moral judgement but just a reality of the current state of affairs in the World.

e I thought it was their milkshakes that brought all the boys to the yard.

Apparently not since breasteraunts are dying off. I haven't seen a Hooters in years.

Last edited:
Good point @Doc4. It strikes me that many of those that tout inclusiveness, non judgement, and tolerance, are often ripe with hypocrisy.

As I said in post #61, I have some first hand experience with the industry (the modeling industry as well as Professional cheerleading) and in my experience, the IQ range mimics broader society.

How dare you not tolerate my intolerance! ;) I absolutely agree with that and that's the issue with SJWs in a nutshell.

Some of the smartest people I know are models and athletes. Actually, high level athletes tend to be well above average.

Top Bottom