F.Y.I. .....

Discussion in 'Stone Cottage Shaving' started by MilfordNJGuy, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Grundi

Grundi Contributor

Great to hear that the procedure went well, @MilfordNJGuy!! Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery!!

2. Snurgblat

Snurgblat Contributor

Thanks! ;)

3. MilfordNJGuy

MilfordNJGuy Vendor

Thanks Grundi! I have had a few difficult periods over the last few days but the heart apparently takes quite a while to heal and I had many more good hours today than other days so I am on the mend! Right, Snurgie? :a9:

4. Snurgblat

Snurgblat Contributor

Absolutely! Tried your new "Lavende Epice" - wonderful scent!!!

5. Grundi

Grundi Contributor

Checking in on you, @MilfordNJGuy, hoping that you're having more "good hours" and recovery is progressing well!!

6. MilfordNJGuy

MilfordNJGuy Vendor

Thanks, Grundi! I'm doing OK and trying to keep busy but I'm still having some symptoms and not feeling totally myself yet! I was told the healing time was about 3 months so since I am not even at 2 weeks then I guess this should be expected! I'm missing the gym and my daily biking for sure! Thanks again for your concern!

7. evnpar

evnpar Contributor

I'm often not a good patient, as I hate to rest and like to keep busy with projects and interests. I was hospitalized with sepsis from a small dog bite, and the nurses kept complaining because I was pushing my IV pole around the hallways rather than staying in bed and resting. With your shop, gym, and biking, it sounds like you might be similar. However, they do know what they are talking about when it comes to your heart, and I hope your procedure was effective and you're able to get the rest that you need and recuperate well. You'll be in my thoughts when I'm shaving with your creams each morning.

8. MilfordNJGuy

MilfordNJGuy Vendor

Thanks to everyone for their kind words and thoughts! I really appreciate it! However, the first procedure was not a success and I met with my Electrophysiologist on Friday after having a 48 hour heart monitor test earlier in the week and I had 10,000 PVC's during the test. I was fortunate that there was a cancellation on Dec. 5th for another Heart Ablation at 2:00PM so I took it! (better than having the wait 4 months like the last time!) The EKG's that afternoon revealed where the source was, so hopefully tomorrow things will go smoothly and I'll heal quickly! It will nice if I am able to get off the medications I have been on for 30 years! Thanks again for your concern and support!

9. ajkel64

ajkel64 Ambassador

Hey, thanks for update and good luck with the second procedure.

10. MilfordNJGuy

MilfordNJGuy Vendor

Thanks, ajkel64, but I just found out that the procedure for tomorrow was cancelled! My doctor left the practice all of a sudden and they couldn't find anyone to do it! My head is still spinning trying to figure this out!

11. Snurgblat

Snurgblat Contributor

Rub some Coconut Holiday on your chest and you'll be right as rain in no time. :a16:

12. ajkel64

ajkel64 Ambassador

13. MilfordNJGuy

MilfordNJGuy Vendor

Thanks, one and all, for your concern! The heart ablation has a tentative date in January and I'm getting a second opinion on this as well so I'm back on the meds and doing OK. I found out that I have sleep apnea and need to get a mouth device as well. Life gets complicated when you get old but hopefully this is just a little bump in the road!

14. Snurgblat

Snurgblat Contributor

There is a great sleep apnea thread on here somewhere. Not medical, just discussion of devices and such.

15. Grundi

Grundi Contributor

Apnea runs in my family and I've been on a CPAP machine for several years. It's actually improve both my quality of life (correcting chronic fatigue) and improved my sense of smell!! Unfortunately, I'm still fat and ugly (medical science can only do so much, I guess)!! I use the CPAP machine every night and took a little over a week to get used to (but really wasn't that bad of an adjustment period). I'm glad I found out; during the tests, the tech told me that I had "die in your sleep" numbers. I've grown very fond of living!! Better to find out now than to wake up dead, wishing someone had told you. (I know arrhythmias, ablation and apnea are serious matters, I'm just trying to keep it light hearted).

16. Good to hear that they found another date for your procedure. Also good that they are finding other things so that they can deal with it. I go to the gym daily, and one of my motivations is that I am exercising with folks in their 80-90s (I'm 66) and so there is always a long(er) life to look forward to. Take care, and best wishes for the new year.

17. MilfordNJGuy

MilfordNJGuy Vendor

Thanks again to everyone for their concern, advice and good wishes! I am scheduled for another ablation on January 30th at 7:30 PM, yes PM! Hopefully this will work and I can get on my bike, work out at the gym, go back to work with lots of vim and vigor! I'll do my best to keep up with your orders and taking care of your needs!

18. Esox

Esox Ambassador

Good luck!

It can take more time than they may suggest to get back to feeling 100% normal. Your 'new normal' might be different than your old normal and it takes time to adjust.

19. My ablation is still holding nearly 12 years later. Heart failure again, but I'm old anyway, lol.

Keep your chin up sir @MilfordNJGuy !

20. ajkel64

ajkel64 Ambassador

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Good luck for the next procedure.