What's new

FS Ezra Arthur Horween Horsehide 3" leather component (slightly damaged read)

Hello All!

Images are here for your viewing pleasure!

It's been a long time since I've crawled out of my hole and for the first time in a while I had to shave. During a rush, I slipped on my very special strop and gave it a nice gash about 4 inches above the bottom of the strop. I determined that it was probably best to replace and am contacting Ezra for a replacement. Turns out these puppies are rather pricey for the leather components! (TBF the whole strop has an impressive price tag, but I digress). With 11 (out of the 16-ish) usable inches still entirely functional, this could be trimmed into a fantastic travel strop! Please message me with any questions you may have.

Anyway, I would love to find a new home to purchase my still usable but semi-damaged leather. Ezra says that they use russet horsehide from Horween for these strops. In my honest opinion, this leather is absolutely fantastic for stropping. Light-medium draw and some of the softest leather. Horsehide is my favorite and Horween is one of the best in the tanning industry!

I was hoping to get $50 for the leather. That would include the cost of shipping (CONUS). As always, sales will be operated through Paypal G&S! This price is negotiable but please be reasonable.

Thanks again for looking!

P.S: I am also interested in purchasing another SR- 6/8" full/quarter hollow with a French or Spanish point! PM me with any offers :)

Last edited:
I decided it was actually best to post the images in the thread. Again, these are the same images I just want to provide a transparent sale :)

Attachments

• leather1.jpg
    leather1.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 60
  • leather2.jpg
    leather2.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 75
  • leather3.jpg
    leather3.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 73
  • leather4.jpg
    leather4.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 77
  • leather5.jpg
    leather5.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 57
  • leather6.jpg
    leather6.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 54
I happened to find the hardware and canvas component of my old miller strop! This can be added to anyone interested in the leather for free! Just let me know you're interested. I can't seem to get two of the Chicago screws to loosen, but Miller assured me that with some elbow grease they should come off. One of the faces of the linen has been used, but the other face is brand new and ready for you! The holes punched in the leather are smaller than the Tony miller screws, but with a hole punch everything should work out fine.

Something to sweeten the pot for those interested! Together this would make a full strop, you'd just need to put a little TLC to get it there ;)

Attachments

• strop1.jpg
    strop1.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 31
  • strop2.jpg
    strop2.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 30
Top Bottom