What's new

eyebrow razors (for beard line, in between eyebrows etc) & eyebrow maintenance

hey peeps so i was wondering does anyone use these eyebrow razors (pic below)?

proxy.php

personally i use them for my beardline and in between my eyebrows, i find that theyre really good to use and very precise,
its cheap and last a long time, i got some ebay uk and for eyebrow razors i find ebay is cheaper then amazon

this is the one i got below works very well...

i was wondering if theres anything with a bit more smaller blade so you can be even more precise,
so i came across this one the other day, i ordered it from china havent got it delivered yet

also i was wondering whats your eyebrow maintenance routine? if you have any that is

im pretty confident with hair clippers as ive been using for many many years,
but i was always worried about using them on my eyebrows because i didnt want to mess up and take it all off lol

only recently ive started trimming my eyebrows with hair clippers and honestly i regret not doing it sooner
this youtuber gave me the confidence to use the hair clippers on my eyebrows and like i said i regret not doing it earlier,
also btw this youtuber has some really good beard tips and tricks

once trimmed with the clippers it theres any bits that look like it needs tidying up i use these a pair of eyebrow scissors,
in a nutshell its just some small pair of scissors...

proxy.php

anyways i'd like to hear your thoughts people :)

just stumbled acorss these online combination of eyebrow comb and scissors in one which look decent to be fair
and at under £2 delivered you cant complain

p.s searched the forum couldnt find anything on these eyebrow razors

In between the eyebrows I just use a magnifying mirror with light and tweezers and pluck away any undesired hair. I do this once a week.

To tidy up the whole eyebrow I have a nose trimmer with and attachment to leave them uniformly the same length. This too is a once a week deal.

Reactions: saj
In between the eyebrows I just use a magnifying mirror with light and tweezers and pluck away any undesired hair. I do this once a week.

To tidy up the whole eyebrow I have a nose trimmer with and attachment to leave them uniformly the same length. This too is a once a week deal.
so do you get a fair bit of growth each week would you say?

i just like to make it look nice and neat, not really into shaping up like you see some guys do, i prefer a bit more of a natural look

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
wow that ones cool looking razor mate! :)

i can understand you using it around and in between your eyebrows but dont you struggle using it on the nose hairs and the ears too?
No, but it comes with practise.

One day you will take the "leap" into SR shaving and discover all the hidden benefits.

Use a set of hair clippers and a comb to trim the eyebrows. Any stray hairs, pluck with tweezers.

Once you get older than 50 or so, you will discover all about it.
:laugh:
what number grade do you use on the clippers? also what brand clippers?

tbh with you @Atlantic59 i noticed in my late 20s i started getting a bit hairier lol,
like seriously i get hair growing on my shoulder and even the last few weeks ive been getting white hair there too!

being asian a lot of use have bushy eyebrows and a lot of facial hair lol

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
yea i suppose its all about the angle you use it and you have to use the tip specifically too
You almost understand. The angle you use is only part of it. You need a truly shave-ready SR edge and the skill to be able to control that edge (and toe). Not for the faint of heart.

It took me about 3 or 4 months of daily SR shaving before I had the confidence.

You almost understand. The angle you use is only part of it. You need a truly shave-ready SR edge and the skill to be able to control that edge (and toe). Not for the faint of heart.

It took me about 3 or 4 months of daily SR shaving before I had the confidence.
yea you probably right and know more then me im a complete noob when it comes to straight razors,
so how long does it take you to do it with a SR? must take a bit longer compared to using a nose/ear trimmer i assume

what number grade do you use on the clippers? also what brand clippers?
Grade 0 or 0.5. Use a fine-tooth comb to control the length. I think it looks unnatural to have all the hair at the same length as if you were mowing the lawn. So, the technique is basically to trim off the excess length but follow the natural shape as much as possible. Somewhat hard to describe, but try to recreate the shape you had in your 20's.

I have a Wahl Senior clipper and a Wahl Peanut trimmer.

Grade 0 or 0.5. Use a fine-tooth comb to control the length. I think it looks unnatural to have all the hair at the same length as if you were mowing the lawn. So, the technique is basically to trim off the excess length but follow the natural shape as much as possible. Somewhat hard to describe, but try to recreate the shape you had in your 20's.

I have a Wahl Senior clipper and a Wahl Peanut trimmer.

wow im surprised you do it that short? i mean grade 0 on your eyebrows you'll be left with nothing mate lol!

yea i get what youre saying in regards to shaping the eyebrows

never heard pf a wahl peanut trimmer, are you from the US? not seen or heard of it in the UK

i have two wahl clippers but the other day i got some wireless clippers as my wahl ones are wired,
dont knopw if you heard of them but its a chinese company called 'kemei' i got the km 1990 (pic below)
is got two power settings and an lcd screen telling me how much battery is left, at just over £15 delivered its cracking

proxy.php

also these gapped detailed clippers known as the 'buddha' clippers are cracking mate (pic below)

proxy.php

check out kemei and surker on youtube if you havent heard of them,
theyre chinese companies that make good quality knock off of wahl and andis at a lot lower price

wow im surprised you do it that short? i mean grade 0 on your eyebrows you'll be left with nothing mate lol!

yea i get what youre saying in regards to shaping the eyebrows...

...never heard pf a wahl peanut trimmer, are you from the US? not seen or heard of it in the UK...
You're misunderstanding me, mate. You use a regular fine tooth comb to control how close you cut, you don't need the clipper guard at all for this.

1607691403038.png1607691794810.png

Sorry my mistake but isn't it just easier to use a clipper grade (attachment)?

I worry if I use the comb and clippers in case i.kove my hand or slip accidentally then I'll have no eyebrows left lol 😂
Then you end up cutting everything to the exact same length which is not very natural looking, IMHO.

Then you end up cutting everything to the exact same length which is not very natural looking, IMHO.
Yes that's what I initially thought it would do before I did it but it doesn't as before you trim the eyebrows some hairs are actually smaller then the longer ones so it kinda works itself out, hope I'm making sense?

Obviously do what you're comfortable with but it's interesting to hear what is guys do about our eyebrows, anything but a monobrow and I'm happy lol 😂

Here's what I'm talking about...natural (left) and unnatural (right). Now, which looks better to you?

View attachment 1193655View attachment 1193657
😄

Yea I hear ya mate lol 😂

I know some guy he has a lot and I mean a lot of growth in between his eyebrows and he actually has like that greyish look in between his eyebrows because he must be shaving and waxing it so much, not a good look imo

Imo I think another thing some guys to often is have like to much of a sharp edge to the corners of their inner eyebrows which end in the middle (hope I'm making sense)

So yea I'm with you on that I agree about the natural look

Wonder if anyone has used thinning shears (scissors) on bushy eyebrows 👁️👁️👁️👀👀👀

so do you get a fair bit of growth each week would you say?

i just like to make it look nice and neat, not really into shaping up like you see some guys do, i prefer a bit more of a natural look

The main thing for me is just keeping my eyebrows becoming one and plucking the extra hairs in between has being a routine I have kept since middle school, and the trimming is not that big of a deal but there is always a couple of hairs sticking out, but I would not go the length into shaping them, but nothing wrong keeping them at bay.

As for @rbscebu he is a vivid advocate for straight razors and I love my SR’s but I don't think it would cross my mind to use one for my eyebrows and ears as I like the current arrangement on my face😂

But maybe one day I’ll be fearless enough to try it!

Top Bottom