What's new

Extro soap cristallization?

M

Member 113878

Hi.
I just received a tub (glass) of Extro Cosmesi « The End » (hommage to Brut) from Connaught in the UK.
There is a lot of what looks like cristallization in the soap. (easy to see through the glass container)
Should I worry about this?
Didn’t get in touch with Connaught yet, I wanted to get opinions from the experts here first. :)

Thanks in advance!

There is a lot of what looks like cristallization in the soap. (easy to see through the glass container)
Should I worry about this?
Probably nothing to worry about, this is likely just crystals of stearic acid, a standard ingredient. Normally, these crystals are too small to be visible, but they can grow under certain conditions when the soap is cured and stored. The crystals will melt when lathering the soap.

I have a bunch of Extro soaps and one thing I’ve noticed is that none of them look the same. Some are white, some are brown and some are black etc. depending on the flavour, each soaps ingredient list varies. All I know is that once I add water and mix a up bowl of lather it always ends up white.

Probably nothing to worry about, this is likely just crystals of stearic acid, a standard ingredient. Normally, these crystals are too small to be visible, but they can grow under certain conditions when the soap is cured and stored. The crystals will melt when lathering the soap.
In the end it’s just soap. It’s not like it’s made with undercooked chicken. Mix up a batch…if it looks fine…it’s fine.

M

Member 113878

Thanks for reassuring me guys, very appreciated!

Top Bottom