What's new

Extra spare time : chill or ?

When you get some extra spare time, perhaps at Christmas, what are you thinking of to do:

Just shave as usual and enjoy it.

Chill, grow a beard and be happy.

Bring out that vintage strop and finally decide to either throw it in the trash or restore it.
Striglar.JPG

Bring out that hone you so far not manage to get a stellar edge with and success.
HONE.JPG

Bring out that SE razor and shave with it. Perhaps even hone a vintage SE-blade.
SE.JPG

Restore a vintage razor/ straight razor and or hone some straights.

Shave with something that hasn’t got your attention lately
DE.JPGRakknivar.JPG

Finally manage go make a great lather with that dude sope.
Tvål.JPG

Organize storage for shaving items

All of the above I'm off for a whole 2 weeks starting Christmas eve.....

I have even bought 3 straights to restore, plus make a new strop for my Son as he has cut his to bad to save.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I go to the ranch.
Gotta bring home hog and deer meat for tamales!!
It’s that time of year.

I will take all my Coticules and Arks and shave every day with a different edge from each of them, so I can learn more about their characteristics and at the same time improve my honing skills

I've got some kouzaki aoto ore that needs shaping and also needs a dai. Hopefully I'll make some dai for all of my jnats and coticules, using antique japanese chisels that also need restoring. Then there's an antique Masamoto sujihiki, an old Teruyasu Fujiwara gyuto, and some antique sabatier k knives that need restoring. It's gonna be a busy season for sure.

I started a new job so not sure how much downtime I will have over xmas. But I have 2 sets of scales that need to be finished, several straights that need touch up on the hones. So I am hoping to get some of that done.

Looks like my week off may be heading to Mexico to go sailing. I have two straights that need rescaled and three that need honed. But it looks like the razors and whatnot may just have to wait this season.

I have one razor waiting for some sanding/polishing, scaling, and honing. It's scheduled for the time between Christmas and New Year's Eve.

Chill, grow a beard and be happy and shave my neckline and enjoy it. Enjoying a great shave and growing an epic beard are not always 2 exclusive things.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Christmas, I won't shave. Won't hone. Won't make or mod razors. Won't make strops. Won't work on boat. Won't work on truck, or cars. Won't work on house. Won't work on anything. Wont do anything except debone a turkey, roll it, inject it, and bake it. Or rotisserie it. And eat it. And drink my delicious Home brewed ale.

Christmas, I won't shave. Won't hone. Won't make or mod razors. Won't make strops. Won't work on boat. Won't work on truck, or cars. Won't work on house. Won't work on anything. Wont do anything except debone a turkey, roll it, inject it, and bake it. Or rotisserie it. And eat it. And drink my delicious Home brewed ale.
We've got a winner! :001_smile

Me I've got some razors that have waited for ages in the restoration drawer. It's about time they got taken care of. It would actually be quite contemplative.

Got my touch up honing mostly done. Half got a Thuri edge, half Naniwa 12k. Back in rotation. Now to finish the scale projects...maybe.

What Slash said.....been a long year and its time to decompress....now if i can just get the wife on board with my choice...lol.

Top Bottom