What's new

Explicit Content: Unboxing the original Gillette Sensor from 1990

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Lol, I still have that handle holder/mirror thingy and I keep it in the shower to use with a Bic single blade disposable for a quick shave when needed.

I still have the Excel with the holder/mirror (if you can call it a mirror).
I used it every day until I started DE shaving about a year ago. The blades are impossible to find here.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Cool video, thanks for sharing. I have one in the box but mine is from Taiwan or someplace similar.

Just beautiful, I prefer the black parts of the original Sensor to the light gray of the Sensor Excel.
The Sensor3 handles are actually pretty good.
They have some kind of coating on them rather than plain metal that can dent on the Sensor Excel or even the plain Sensor.
All in all: still a great design. My favorite in the cartridge world.
The SkinGuard comes in second.
The Guard comes in third.

Isn't that an oxymoron unboxing an already opened box? Anyway, I have around 5 unopened Sensors. However, I prefer to use my Gold Plated limited edition to an original.

I always thought that the original 1990 black Sensor gave the best cartridge shave I'd ever experienced - better than the grey Excel carts, and far better than anything that came later. The black ones dragged less, and were better at getting into nooks - earholes, for example!

But I was overseas for years, and hadn't tried the black ones since the mid-'90s until some cropped up on the 'Bay recently. So I tried them on my ancient Excel handle: sure enough, it's not a case of rose-tinted spectacles - they're that good. For me, anyway.

Now I've just come across a hoard of NOS original, sealed package, Finnish-made Sensors and I'm seriously considering stumping up for the lot - just look at the creamy late-'80s goodness...

Sensor.jpg

Top Bottom