What's new

Explain Your User Name

Musidora playing Irma Vep, in one of the world's longest films at approx. seven hours running time. The role made Musidora a star in France. The film is best digested in its ten instalments.
View attachment 1263541

I love Musidora. That's exactly the frame I reduced for my avatar. I'm happy to hear that someone else recognized the film. Les Vampires is now my 2nd longest silent film, beaten (by a minute) by the 2020 French reconstruction Blu-ray of La Roue (my favorite silent). I love French silent films. Even the 2004 French film "The Very Long Engagement" is better than any film Hollywood has puked out since 1959s On the Beach. If interested, the French "House of Mystery", a 6.5 hour silent serial, is even better than Les Vampires.

As far as the world's longest film, a 9.5 hour Criterion blu-ray of the 1956 Japanese film, The Human Condition, is due out in early June. My pre-order is already in.

Suppose I can't just comment and dash, eh?

DE seems pretty obvious. I don't recall when, but at some point I took a liking to penguins. I have always liked their curiosity, and being (largely) black and white gave them a kind of class . . . especially Emperor penguins. I think we'd all be a lot happier if we could get around sliding on our bellies.

"Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war" . . . from Julius Caesar, I think. It's wonderfully visceral and cathartic.
Spoken by Marc Anthony in the Shakespeare play, this is for @cryhavoc
220px-Dogs_of_war_ver2.jpg

in which Christopher Walken plays a serviceable villian!

Charles Dickens is my favorite novelist. One of his most famous characters is Tiny Tim. My first name is Tim and I am on the short side (5'7"). I am not disabled so the comparison breaks down there.

"God Bless Us Every One"

Top Bottom