What's new

Explain Your Avatar

Since I goofed on another thread, I thought I would start a new one as to why you picked or was given your avatar.

Mine is from the newspaper comic strip "BC" by Johnny Hart. The character of the anteater made the "Zot!" when he ate the ant characters.

M

modern man

Nick did it.

I bet when him an John do it again, I will be sure to follow.

Maybe someday the A-Team will return. :001_wub:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
My current avatar is a print of John Lennon that was done by famed photographer Richard Avedon in 1967. He did photos of each of the Beatles.

johnniegold those are just too cool! I had to copy that image for my own, hope you don't mind.

I change my avatar every couple of weeks. Currently I am using the cover to King Crimson's first album "In the Court of the Crimson King" from 1969. One of the first progressive rock (Prog) bands. Gregg Lake from Emerson, Lake, and Palmer was with them on this.

Super album if you are a prog head.

My first avatar was Porcupine Tree's "In Abstensia" album whose bass player also plays for King Crimson.

Since I goofed on another thread, I thought I would start a new one as to why you picked or was given your avatar.

Mine is from the newspaper comic strip "BC" by Johnny Hart. The character of the anteater made the "Zot!" when he ate the ant characters.

Hey Zot!

I'm a big fan too of "BC" and have nearly the lot of the books. BC and the Wizard of ID - priceless!

My avatar is me with 52,000 fools, I mean fans, of Newcastle United! Great days!

WTG once, XTG twice (North then South) then ATG - that for me is the shaving secret. 4 pass, Derby blade, HD! Gid in..

Happy shaving

My avatar is the fire controlman rating insignia for the US Navy. I'm a Tomahawk Cruise Missile technician and I absolutely LOVE my job.:biggrin:

Mine is, well, Scruff McGruff, that crime fighting dog from the "take a bite out of crime" comics. There's not much behind my choice, I just thought it was kinda cool. :smile:

I favor Gillettes, not Merkurs or Parkers. So I snagged this from an eBay offering.

Have since come to favor GEMs as well, but haven't found anything else worth stealing yet.

-- John Gehman

mine is the Simpsons version of me.

image.php

Simpsonize yourself at http://simpsonizeme.com/

Mine is "the important part" of Paul Tuckfield flashing the (two-handed) vi gang sign on stage during his keynote, “Scaling MySQL at YouTube”.

Here's a one-handed vi gang sign:

proxy.php

Mine is of Mr. Obama answering the phone at 3:00 AM. I just thought it was funny in a political kind of way.

Top Bottom