What's new

Experimenting to get the right amounts?

Have any of y'all just sat right down before the sink (without applying and shaving) and experimented on getting the right amounts of Cube, Wet Shaving Past, water and shave cream (for those that incorporate shave cream into the process)? Or do ya just work at it each time you shave?

~Tim :cool:

Tim,

I used to try that a couple of times because I wasn't sure I was getting it right, but you may realize that you don't need to be a precise as you think. Just remember that one of the main features of the Hydrolast is the speed of the shave. You do not want to try to create the type of think lather you would expect from a more typical shave cream or soap. The pictures from Joel's "sticky" post in the Method Shaving Forum where he added some regular cream show a lather that would be thicker than you want to get the full benefits of Hydrolast. At the end, your lather should look more like this. Just remember that olive oil based lather holds a lot of water, which is what it is designed to do for MS, so the lather should be very wet, even at the end of the pass and at the end of the shave. One drawback, it may fade on your face if you take a while to shave or if, like me, where you shave is not very steamy/humid. The fix, mix a lot of it on your face and "store" some on the bottom of your neck below where you're going to shave. If you need to replace the lather during a pass, or relather to re-cut a spot on the go, just grab some of the extra lather with your hand and spread it around. Have fun.

-Collin

I'm not a "Method Shaver", but I regularly do this with any new cream that I have bought or am testing. Not all products are the same and it is important for you to know their differences and their limitations in order for you to get the most out of them (Plus I'm a shave geek and I like to build lather.)

Kyle said:
I'm not a "Method Shaver", but I regularly do this with any new cream that I have bought or am testing. Not all products are the same and it is important for you to know their differences and their limitations in order for you to get the most out of them (Plus I'm a shave geek and I like to build lather.)

Same here, not a method shaver, but I regularly find myself whipping up a lather for no good reason other than I think it takes my mind off other things and relaxes me.

Top Bottom