What's new

Experiences with the OG Razorock Mamba 53?

As the title states, what is your experience with the OG Razorock Mamba 53? I have one on the way and I am excited to try it out. I've heard some mixed reviews about it. Some say that it is mild and efficient. Some say that it's mild and inefficient. I know that I have to practice with it a bit but what has been your experience with this razor?

Sometimes with milder razors the challenge is to find that good angle where you're cutting . For me and this razor it was pretty intuitive. I got great shaves from the start and it was mild and efficient for me. Very enjoyable and a beautiful razor.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Sometimes with milder razors the challenge is to find that good angle where you're cutting . For me and this razor it was pretty intuitive. I got great shaves from the start and it was mild and efficient for me. Very enjoyable and a beautiful razor.

That is what I am expecting. Mild and efficient razor. Also, it looks beautiful so I can't wait to use it.

The 53 IS the OG. It was my first milled razor. I have a love/hate relationship with it. it has the lightest blade exposure of anything I've ever used. The first time you use it, you will probably miss a bunch of stubble.

FWIW, I'm a safety bar rider, which is a no go on this razor. You must ride the cap in order to contact the blade in any way.

That said, once you get it dialed, it will shave well forever, but don't expect to be able to get stellar results if you only use it once a month in your rotation. I actually used it as an everyday driver for a while, and it was great for that. Never a cut. Very smooth and comfy. It just takes a bit to get the technique back on track with the funny geometry on this one.

That said, it really doesn't shave much differently from the 70, and I REALLY like the original halo handle that the 53 came with. It's the perfect size and weight.

The 53 IS the OG. It was my first milled razor. I have a love/hate relationship with it. it has the lightest blade exposure of anything I've ever used. The first time you use it, you will probably miss a bunch of stubble.

FWIW, I'm a safety bar rider, which is a no go on this razor. You must ride the cap in order to contact the blade in any way.

That said, once you get it dialed, it will shave well forever, but don't expect to be able to get stellar results if you only use it once a month in your rotation. I actually used it as an everyday driver for a while, and it was great for that. Never a cut. Very smooth and comfy. It just takes a bit to get the technique back on track with the funny geometry on this one.

That said, it really doesn't shave much differently from the 70, and I REALLY like the original halo handle that the 53 came with. It's the perfect size and weight.
Nice. The halo handle is probably the biggest reason why I bought this. It looks beautiful and seems have a good balance. Thanks for the input.

I love my Mamba53. If you find the right angle, it shaves super nice. For me, the right angle is shallow and requires some effort to maintain said angle.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I love my Mamba53. If you find the right angle, it shaves super nice. For me, the right angle is shallow and requires some effort to maintain said angle.

Is it your daily driver or a part of your rotation? I usually keep a rotation so I need to get a good grip of how the razor works before choosing another one.

Currently going through your razorock mamba shave videos. It seems like a mild and smooth razor. If it is efficient enough, I'm going to love it.

Is it your daily driver or a part of your rotation? I usually keep a rotation so I need to get a good grip of how the razor works before choosing another one.
Part of my rotation. The mildest razor I own and one I use often. But the angle is not easy to find. If you do, it is about the same efficiency as the RR GC68.

I only have the 70 but it's my favorite razor. I could sell off everything else at this point and be happy. I pondered both and would buy the 53 plate if he sold it seperately.

I only have the 70 but it's my favorite razor. I could sell off everything else at this point and be happy. I pondered both and would buy the 53 plate if he sold it seperately.
Nice. I would get the 70 but in a same situation as yours. I also want to try the game changer so I'll leave my options open for future purchases.

Part of my rotation. The mildest razor I own and one I use often. But the angle is not easy to find. If you do, it is about the same efficiency as the RR GC68.
Interesting. If I get the RR GC, I'll probably get the 84. I enjoy mild razors but I like to alternate between mild and aggressive.

Interesting. If I get the RR GC, I'll probably get the 84. I enjoy mild razors but I like to alternate between mild and aggressive.
The GC84 is plenty aggressive. I have both Mambas and both GC and the 84 is the most aggressive and efficient of the four. If you learn the angle on the GC84, you will be able to get some of the smoothest close shaves imagineable.

The GC84 is plenty aggressive. I have both Mambas and both GC and the 84 is the most aggressive and efficient of the four. If you learn the angle on the GC84, you will be able to get some of the smoothest close shaves imagineable.

Yeah. The OG Mamba and the GC84 should be a good contrast. I'll be looking out for some good deals out there. I really don't need more razors but... it'd be real nice to have one more. :)

I have both mambas and both GC’s. The Mamba 70 and GC 84 are only ones I use. Think it is worth getting both so you can compare and contrast.

Now.... for me, the gc 68 was so mild as to be unusable. But the OG Mamba was easy to get great shaves.

Here it is. The Razorock Mamba, original. Looks awesome and I can't wait til I use it tomorrow. I'll probably pair it with a familiar blade. Maybe voshkod or Astra.

IMG_20190601_133311516.jpg

I have the original Mamba with a different handle. It's been my daily razor since I bought it back in Oct.

I'm a night shaver, Monday through Thursday and then I have a Sunday night shave. I get away with one pass, WTG and have no issues with it giving me a DFS, even by morning for work. It is a great razor.

And yes, I said One Pass. That is all anyone needs if they do it properly

Top Bottom