What's new

Experience with Whipped Dog 24 mm silver tip knot

Just curious if anyone has experience with the Whipped Dog 24 mm silver tip? A few months back I ordered the knot and a handle. To my surprise they arrived already assembled. Just started using this brush about three months ago in rotation with another badger brush. This brush is shedding more than my Labrador retriever and is not getting any better. Has anyone else experienced such an excessive amount of shedding with this brush. From reviews it appears that this brush should be pretty good. It does feel good but I keep pulling badger hairs out of my soap bowel every time I use it. I realize that all brushes will shed time to time especially when new but never seen anything like this. Out of 4 badger brushes, both commercially made and on one from TGN which I own, I have never seen anything shed like this one. Anyone else have this experience and then the shedding eventually quiets ? I did try to inquire with whipped dog via email awhile back, but no response therefor I'm inquiring here to see what others may have experienced before I just toss the brush, or pull the knot and try another. It is possible that it is just this one knot and I would not hesitate to order another knot from whipped dog based upon their reputation if necessary. In my case, it is possible for Murphy's law to have prevailed especially since my name is Murphy.

I've had good experiences with Whipped Dog knots. I've had a couple that shed a whole lot for a while but eventually they stabilized and are really good brushes, so I wouldn't give up yet

I have had great results with Whipped Dog knots. From others that have posted about problems with their Whipped Dog brushes, Larry has always made it right. Sometimes he is a little slow to respond, but he has always answered me within two or three days.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Larry is good people. Maybe he is on vacation. Don't give up on him. Just let him know what is going on with your brush. He will make it right. And remember; you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.
Full disclosure: I have purchased 6 brushes from whipped dog

Just curious if anyone has experience with the Whipped Dog 24 mm silver tip? A few months back I ordered the knot and a handle. To my surprise they arrived already assembled. Just started using this brush about three months ago in rotation with another badger brush. This brush is shedding more than my Labrador retriever and is not getting any better. Has anyone else experienced such an excessive amount of shedding with this brush. From reviews it appears that this brush should be pretty good. It does feel good but I keep pulling badger hairs out of my soap bowel every time I use it. I realize that all brushes will shed time to time especially when new but never seen anything like this. Out of 4 badger brushes, both commercially made and on one from TGN which I own, I have never seen anything shed like this one. Anyone else have this experience and then the shedding eventually quiets ? I did try to inquire with whipped dog via email awhile back, but no response therefor I'm inquiring here to see what others may have experienced before I just toss the brush, or pull the knot and try another. It is possible that it is just this one knot and I would not hesitate to order another knot from whipped dog based upon their reputation if necessary. In my case, it is possible for Murphy's law to have prevailed especially since my name is Murphy.

I will once again send an email to Larry at whipped dog. But I must say this particular brush keeps getting worse, an absolute disaster with shedding hairs more so than either of my two Labrador retrievers. If no response I will attempt to remove the knot and order another knot and hope for better luck. The knot I have is obviously not the norm and has to be the exception to the rule otherwise Whipped Dog would be out of business. I do know that Whipped Dog enjoys an excellent reputation so we shall try again.

Not expected, but no reply from Larry to date. Will hold out a little longer then no other choice but try and salvage the handle and order a knot from TGN. I'm really surprised as from my understanding Whipped Dog had an excellent reputation for both product and service.

Really sorry about your experience. I was on the verge of placing another order with Whipped Dog, but now I'm going to hold off.

All my responses are caught up to date, and have been for some months. Something must have gone into my spam folder. Don't worry! It will be replaced pronto!

Go to my home page and my email is there. Try again, and if no luck PM me.

Thanks, guys, for alerting me to this thread.

Larry

I have one whipped dog silvertip, a 30mm, and it shed more than any other brush/knot I have ever experienced. It did settle down after a dozen or so lathers and didn't lose an amount of hair that is noticeable visually or in use.

I have one whipped dog silvertip, a 30mm, and it shed more than any other brush/knot I have ever experienced. It did settle down after a dozen or so lathers and didn't lose an amount of hair that is noticeable visually or in use.

This sounds about like my 30mm, as well. Still a great brush.

I have 3 brushes from Larry. All Shredders! The reason I got the third one is because I contacted Larry about my 30MM Silver going crazy shredding and he made it right for me by letting me choose another free of charge. Problem is this new one started to shed too!
Maybe it's me? Should I take some sort of precaution?

22MM Black Badger, Shedding dozens of hairs a day.
30MM Silver shedding about half dozen every time I shave.
20MM Silver shedding about half dozen hairs every shave.

I have had them all for almost a year except the 20MM for about six months.

I would still buy from Larry but not brushes unless I found out if I'm doing something wrong.

I have a 30 and 24mm silvertip brushes form Larry and neither sheds. They get regular use and sometimes with boiling water from my kettle in the scuttle. Even with my abuse they have not shed.

I just wrote him, Like I said Top Quality guy so I felt bad writing on here without letting him know. Maybe it happens with a lot of other brushes too?

I just wrote him, Like I said Top Quality guy so I felt bad writing on here without letting him know. Maybe it happens with a lot of other brushes too?

I'm certain it can happen with even the very best of brushes, but over the years I never experience anything like this brush. It is bad, really bad and keeps getting worse. There is no salvaging or need to wait further on this brush. I will try to steam the brush knot out of the handle and if that works replace the knot. I will try to contact Larry one more time and maybe try another of my email addresses to see if that works better. Or Larry if you are reading this post you can reply here. I know that LArry would not send out a brush like this one, but there is no way to know ahead of time if it is defective.

I'm certain it can happen with even the very best of brushes, but over the years I never experience anything like this brush. It is bad, really bad and keeps getting worse. There is no salvaging or need to wait further on this brush. I will try to steam the brush knot out of the handle and if that works replace the knot. I will try to contact Larry one more time and maybe try another of my email addresses to see if that works better. Or Larry if you are reading this post you can reply here. I know that LArry would not send out a brush like this one, but there is no way to know ahead of time if it is defective.

Go up to post #11 and PM Larry.

I just got a response. He's going to make it right and he also said it looks like he got a bad batch, or some where bad in the batch. His supplier worked with him to make a product that will hopefully be better. I have bought a lot from Larry and will continue to do so. His reputation precedes him.

Top Bottom