What's new

Expensive Rooney Brush

Let us remember that the seller is likely a member here.

If the price seems crazy, I wonder how many other 32mm Rooney Finest brushes have sold on ebay, the b/s/t, or ANYWHERE else lately?

Not trying to sound snarky at all, just trying to keep things in perspective.

The finest knot is no longer made. It is very much sought after.
add a custom build to that and you can get up there in price.

This is likely custom. Seller is a member here and great guy to deal with. I would be all over this if i could afford it. If you haven't tried Rooney finest you wouldn't know how great these brushes are. To see something at 32mm is very rare. Seller probably paid more than his asking price.

That is a MONSTER custom in finest (which is now extinct). 22mm Rooney finest retailed for $200 when they were available. This is no different than a high end custom straight razor.

Last edited:
Most certainly this is a members brush,and was offered first to members out of respect.No sale ? it goes somewhere where it will sell,and at a fair price for an extremely rare piece of shaving history.I hope the seller,whom I have great respect for,does get this price,or higher,as of late I have seen $100 razors go for this same price.This rare Rooney is worrth every penny,and will only increase in value as the years pass by.

Last edited:
I asked the question sincerely, as in, "what am I missing", and in no way meant to disparage the seller. I'm sure he's an honest guy and is just trying to sell something and gain some more gear. I have no problem with that. Lot's of replies that he is a member here, and since that seems to be a hallmark of integrity for those posting, don't forget about a certain member that was banned for selling great razors on eBay that never showed up to the buyers. Was a member here for a long time and had a fantastic collection, and generously sold them on the bay. Just never seemed to make it to the post office. Now he never did this in the BST, but was still banned for his selling practices on the bay. Not saying in any way this seller would do anything like that, just something to keep in mind, caveat emptor and what not...

Am I missing something here, or would only a sucker buy this Rooney:

Is someone a sucker for buying a Mercades when a Kia can get you to where you're going just the same? The price seems crazy to me until I start thinking about how much total cash I've spent on brushes. To someone this brush will be worth the price tag.

I'm get it now. When you're deep in this hobby, the price tag on somethings becomes justifiable. I guess it's not any different than paying big bucks for a bottom-dial or double ring.

Is someone a sucker for buying a Mercades when a Kia can get you to where you're going just the same? The price seems crazy to me until I start thinking about how much total cash I've spent on brushes. To someone this brush will be worth the price tag.

No, but you would be a sucker for buying a 190E for the price of a gull wing. That is why I asked the question.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, but you would be a sucker for buying a 190E for the price of a gull wing. That is why I asked the question. You know, I remember a time when this forum was a place one could come and ask questions and learn, lots of folks contributed financially, and not so much snark. Maybe I should just hang out in the contributors forum.

My point was only that to most people the price for a rare luxury item such as this does not seem like you're getting much more for your money but to someone who is a fan of large brushes and of the rooney finest hair this will be worth the price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom