What's new

exfoliating

For the longest time I have been very frustrated with my search for the best scrub and actually quit using one all together for a while until the other day. I bought a sisal cloth at joel's request a couple weeks ago and while its not my fave for whole body cleansing it works wonders as a exfoliator. My face feels very refreshed, smooth and clean when done.

I don't scrub that often, but I like Neutrogena's Razor Defense Daily Scrub. Nice small particles, smells nice, and is available everywhere.

Scotto said:
I don't scrub that often, but I like Neutrogena's Razor Defense Daily Scrub. Nice small particles, smells nice, and is available everywhere.

I scurb maybe once a week..................I tried the neutrogena and did not like it at all.........was actually the last scrub I had purchased....ended up giving it to a member here who I knew loved it.

I have several of the St. Ives scrubs, most of them gentle and one invigorating. I use them once or twice a week. One thing you can check out is Dove's Exfoliating Bar. Comes in a two pack for about $2 bucks, and if you don't like it as an exfoliator, you can always leave it buy the bathroom sink as a hand soap.

Randy

Try the Menaji scrub at Menessentials...It's very effective and gentle at the same time...It's got a ton of particles that spread over the face with ease...I think that it is better than any other scrub that I've used in the past

I like the California North Gelskin scrub, also from Menessentials. The product is really heavy on the little abraisive exfoliating bits. I throw a shot of cleanser into the mix (since the CN is really JUST a srub) and get great results.

The MenScience scrub (Also at MenEssentials, go figure!) is my new favorit. Nice microbeads and it foams up and has glycolyci and salicylic acid in it.

You can go to their website (menscience.com) and ask for samples. I received it in like 4 days, and the scrub sample has enough for several (4+) uses.

I used CN for quite some time and at first thought I found the perfect scrub....dont really know what happened. I hit ms up for samples!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have noticed since I quit using scrubs as much my flakey skin isnt quite so flakey. :confused:

The baxter scrub has a nice scent, but a bit too rough for my taste. I'm currently using the California North Gelskin Scrub with great results.

I had mixed feelings about the Baxter Scrub...Not a bad product by any means, and I personally quite like a rougher scrub...But I found that it didn't spread on my face very well leaving redness

Esoteric83 said:
I had mixed feelings about the Baxter Scrub...Not a bad product by any means, and I personally quite like a rougher scrub...But I found that it didn't spread on my face very well leaving redness

I was told that mixing it with the baxter's wash was supposed to help out with this issue.

I also find the baxter scrub a little harder to use.

Pros:
  • Good for SERIOUS exfoliation
  • Smells great (Almond)
Cons:
  • Too aggressive for everyday use
  • Larger beads/chunks make for uneven distribution. So, you use a lot to get the whole face, or you leave parts of your face unscrubbed.

I use my St. Ives on Sunday. That is my "one pass" shave day. In fact, the only reason I shave on Sunday is to enjoy the experience.

If you pay attention to your complexion, it will let you know if you are over doing it.

Randy

rtaylor61 said:
I use my St. Ives on Sunday. That is my "one pass" shave day. In fact, the only reason I shave on Sunday is to enjoy the experience.

If you pay attention to your complexion, it will let you know if you are over doing it.

Randy

9 out of 10 shave are one pass for me...........I gaurantee I shave less than most people on this forum. No because I dont need to...I just like the rough look. :001_tt2:

Sean,

Until I got involved with "real" wet shaving, I never realized that you should make more that one pass! And after all of these months, I get a great shave N-S, S-N, but by mid-day my E-W pass allows stubble to be felt. Bugs the hell out of me! But, I'll keep working on it!

Randy

Top Bottom