What's new

Executive Man vs Royal Forest

I just got an order from West Coast Shaving which includes Stirling Executive Man and TOBS Royal Forest. I am finding them to be pretty similar. If it wasn’t for the cost of shipping I’d maybe send the TOBS back to get something a little different.

I guess I was surprised about their similarity (though they are both nice). Anyone else compared these?

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I just got an order from West Coast Shaving which includes Stirling Executive Man and TOBS Royal Forest. I am finding them to be pretty similar. If it wasn’t for the cost of shipping I’d maybe send the TOBS back to get something a little different.

I guess I was surprised about their similarity (though they are both nice). Anyone else compared these?

Am I reading this right? You considered sending back a soap that you'd opened and used?

They are both clones of Aventus by Creed, so naturally they should smell similar. While they are both great, I think I prefer Royal Forest a little more.

fully enjoyed Royal Forest!
did not think it was Aventus clone, but now that you mention it, there is a similarity.
altho, i actually paired it with vetiver.

taylor of old bond st royal forest gillette omega myrsol k creed vetiver september 16 2020.jpg

I loved the scent of Royal Forest so much, that I bought a second tub. About a month ago, Stirling sent me a sample of Executive Man shaving soap with my order. I thought it smelled like Royal Forest, which I love. I read the online description of Executive Man which described it as an ode to Creed Aventus. I had never heard of Creed Aventus, but after a few hours of online immersion I realized what a mess I may have gotten myself into. On the same day the Executive Man sample arrived...so did a pass-around razor with Ethos Succes Soap. The Ethos Succes Soap is another clone of Aventus! The Ethos product is off the charts in soap/cream performance and the best Aventus clone scent of the 3 shaving soap/creams I had tried. Long story short: I have fallen down the "Aventus clone" rabbit hole. I have since ordered Executive Man bath soap, shampoo bar and aftershave, which are all fantastic. I also purchased an Aventus cologne clone, Afnan Supremacy Silver, which is 1/10 the cost of Creed Aventus. I then purchased the companion Ethos Succes Aftershave Skin Food (magical skin product with Aventus profile). My Aventus clone journey is just beginning. I guess I am now a certified Aventus scent junkie, which started with TOBS Royal Forest.

I loved the scent of Royal Forest so much, that I bought a second tub. About a month ago, Stirling sent me a sample of Executive Man shaving soap with my order. I thought it smelled like Royal Forest, which I love. I read the online description of Executive Man which described it as an ode to Creed Aventus. I had never heard of Creed Aventus, but after a few hours of online immersion I realized what a mess I may have gotten myself into. On the same day the Executive Man sample arrived...so did a pass-around razor with Ethos Succes Soap. The Ethos Succes Soap is another clone of Aventus! The Ethos product is off the charts in soap/cream performance and the best Aventus clone scent of the 3 shaving soap/creams I had tried. Long story short: I have fallen down the "Aventus clone" rabbit hole. I have since ordered Executive Man bath soap, shampoo bar and aftershave, which are all fantastic. I also purchased an Aventus cologne clone, Afnan Supremacy Silver, which is 1/10 the cost of Creed Aventus. I then purchased the companion Ethos Succes Aftershave Skin Food (magical skin product with Aventus profile). My Aventus clone journey is just beginning. I guess I am now a certified Aventus scent junkie, which started with TOBS Royal Forest.
Where does one find the Ethos Success soap? I seem to be coming up sort.

The Ethos website should be running sometime before the end of October. There is an Ethos thread on the Damn Fine Shave forum. The owner goes by Dragonsbeard on that forum. Email contact for information, questions, ordering, etc....
[email protected]

Declaration Grooming Sellout soap is a fantastic Aventus interpretation (the splash however smells like Pledge).
Ethos splash is very pineapple forward and remember a thread awhile back that Ethos and Stirling were near the top of many's lists for splashes.

Top Bottom