What's new

Excited with first R41 Shave

I decided to take the plunge after about 3 month in DE shaving and acquired an R41. Tried it out this morning for the first time with some Shave Secret, Ghost Town Barber soap, alum, and a splash of Clubman. A BBS with no sting, cuts or weepers! Great shave. I think I got my technique down pat. It made my day. The funny thing was that I found the R41 handle a bit slippery when wet and the razor accidentally slipped when installing the blade. I was twisting the handle and the razor slipped and bit my left index finger as it slid from the side of the head. I guess an almost perfect shave. My finger had a small fine cut, but my face was fine! I guess I still am prone to noob error, but still enjoying. I will be more careful next time and will keep my hands away from the blade while using a bit of alum on the fingers!

If you place the head of the razor on a towel, slot a blade onto the pegs, add the bottom plate and then screw on the handle (holding the bottom plate with a finger to stop it from twisting) there is precious little chance of nicking yourself.

Nice work!

Yup well done. I had the same complaint about the handle being too slippery so got a grippier handle for mine.

Bob

Thanks for the tip! The R41 has been my daily driver this week, and all shaves went well. I really like this razor.

Top Bottom