What's new

Excited about my new balm sampler pack!

I have always been a fan of good ol' fashion Old Spice Classic aftershave. The scent is so masculine and pleasant. Or when I'm feeling saucy I might splash on the Paco Rabonne, a scent my wife melts for. But the alcohol-based aftershaves irritate the few sensitive spots I have on my lower cheeks. So I recently switched to a balm.

The first one I got was Fine "American Blend". The feeling is greatly improved vs. my old aftershaves. The scent is fresh and tonicky, it's a nice fragrance but not really my taste. I like deeper, darker scents.

The Fine is running low so I ordered a sampler pack from West Coast Shaving, and it just arrived today. So exciting! Here's what it contained:

- Geo F. Trumper "Sandalwood Skin Food"
- Fine "Platinum Balm"
- Proraso "Aloe & Vitamin E"
- Captain's Choice "Bay Rum Balm"
- Pre de Provence shea butter enriched balm
- Speick "Balsam Sensitiv" balm

I'd never tried a bay rum before, but it seems to be all the rage on this forum. And man, let me tell you, I'm a believer! The Captain's Choice felt fantastic on my skin despite having a bit of a rough shave today, and this scent is amazing.

I can't wait to see what the others are like. I know I'll definitely be buying a full size of this Captain's Choice, but who knows? I may end up buying more than one of these, which is not ordinary for me. This forum is probably going to make a hobbyist out of me in short order lol.

Attachments

• 20220727_191030.jpg
    20220727_191030.jpg
    654.4 KB · Views: 4

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I much prefer aftershave balms over aftershave lotions. You have some great samples there. Enjoy them and don’t forget to let us know what you think in this thread as you try them out.

Top Bottom