What's new

everyday moisturizer

Hey all,

Just have a a question:

What do you all use for a daily moisturizer? I had my first straight razor shave yesterday and my face is pretty raw today and wondered what everyone uses in between shaves.

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.

I use Kiehls stuff. Seems to work for me. Not particularly cheap, but not too bad. I have a fairly dry skin & as I fly for a living, the cabin air is quite dehydrating.
matt.

Jack black line smoother moisturizer is oil free and light, good for everyday use, although it does sting right after a shave.
Kiehls has a few moisturizers (one oil free, one minimal oil) that smell nice. They might be a better bet since you are flying a lot.
Neutrogena has a few good moisturizers that have a light scent.
I'd go into a store and sample some on your hand to see if like the scent and consistency.

For my type of skin do the products from Men-U work well. So do also the Proraso after shave milk for sensitive skin. I don't know is this answer helps you but, anyway, it's the input I can give you. Hope you'll find some products which will suit you.

Dan, one of the best things you can put on your face is A & D ointment that you see for baby rashes, but it is also used for sever skin irritations and dry skin. Just use a small amount and I apply it in the evening when I am at home. I only use it at times when my face seems to be really irritated. You will see and feel immediate results and Dermatologist love this stuff. Most balms and gels evaporate way before you skin has time to absorb all of their benefits. I have oily skin, but it does not create any problems for me in terms of blackheads or making may face feel greasy. Remember it is not an everyday balm, but just for those times like your experiencing now.

Dan, one of the best things you can put on your face is A & D ointment that you see for baby rashes, but it is also used for sever skin irritations and dry skin. Just use a small amount and I apply it in the evening when I am at home. I only use it at times when my face seems to be really irritated. You will see and feel immediate results and Dermatologist love this stuff. Most balms and gels evaporate way before you skin has time to absorb all of their benefits. I have oily skin, but it does not create any problems for me in terms of blackheads or making may face feel greasy. Remember it is not an everyday balm, but just for those times like your experiencing now.

That's a great idea, thanks for the suggestion. Today since i have nowhere to go i have been putting a combo of aloe vera and jojoba oil on the irritated parts. its seems to sooth ok and last for quite awhile. a bit greasy but i don't usually have an issue with oily skin so it doesn't bother me.

I don't think i have any A&D here, i do have baby butt paste though (yeah that's what its called lol) wonder if that would work too.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

I've been through all the expensive ones and you know what works for me? Aqueous cream! £1 for a big tub from the pharmacy. Light, fragrance free, non-greasy, just works.

Only complaint, no SPF.

I've been through all the expensive ones and you know what works for me? Aqueous cream! £1 for a big tub from the pharmacy. Light, fragrance free, non-greasy, just works.

Only complaint, no SPF.

Just looked into this and it seems they do not sell that here in the states. I will continue to look into this as well.

Thanks everyone for the responses

Gentlemen,

My son turned me on to Kiehls also.
It is a very nice body, face , hand lotion.
2 weights, a summer weight and a nice one for winter. ( Creme De Corps)

Nice day my friend

Jimmy

I buy the Olay Complete Fragrace Free moisturizer and add essential oil to it. Currently it's lavender scent. $9.00 on Amazon inc. shipping.

I used to use the Kiehls also, but switched to nancy boy about 7 years ago. Great stuff, with a nice cucumber scent. It moisturizes without any greasiness. I highly recommend all of their products, including the shave cream.

Top Bottom