What's new

Every Man Jack. My new travel go too..... Perhaps?

I just happened to see this item today at my local super food market in one of the clearance end caps. Passed by it and saw it for $10 for both a razor system and shave gel. Did my shopping and had it rattle around my head a bit and went back to it and decided for the money, it’s a win win. I had lost a pretty darn good razor before (Karve with C & D plates about 2 months ago on a business trip for a product install). Purchased it and said for the money, not a bad travel set. To be honest, it comes in a nicely packaged magnetic box with some nice info about the product and once I opened it up it looked pretty nice. Chromed with a nicely weighted razor handle, weighted razor stand and cartridges (4) that has I think 6 blades. Can’t say much about the shaving gel except for that it states it’s a naturally made product. I can’t read the ingredients list as the lettering is kind of smeared so, I just took a few pics to show the razor and shave gel. Looks good and I’d rather loose this than a pricey razor from my den. Might give it a go before throwing it in my travel bag and see how it performs. I’m sure it shaves ok and gives one a decent finish just like most cartridge systems do.

Has anyone else here had any experience with this particular razor from Every Man Jack? First time today that I noticed this brand and have no clue if they’ve been around for a while and how their products perform.

0F7416F3-9082-4977-8B62-A2D09DE7575E.jpeg

C9DAE6D7-5161-4A8C-98B1-5CD9CCE560B9.jpeg

8140106A-5EB9-4787-8495-B0DA7C2D635F.jpeg

B35D7F2D-7A7E-4B97-A92E-B322CC35874E.jpeg

88C02F07-0987-4494-806E-A1F0F2FB5428.jpeg

0436042D-B348-44F8-969C-C12000EAA3C4.jpeg

D7B7A75C-58C4-4304-8F90-3FA95F5CEC53.jpeg

6BA2745F-2A78-477B-9F54-B79C6C9DF48B.jpeg

It's an extremely expensive Dorco.

Hardly. $10 for a really nice handle, four cartridges, and some shaving gel? Maybe slightly more expensive than for a regular Dorco 6 with four cartridges.

I like the handle. I want one. I'll be using it Dorco 7 cartridges though.

The razor with four cartridges in both chrome and black are all over ebay with a buy it now starting at $15.00. $18.00 for a chrome one with a razor stand. I just ordered a chrome one.

Last edited:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Sounds alright to me and looks alright to me. Never heard of Every Man Jack until a saw a thread on here the other day. I have not seen anything like this out here in Australia but I am in a small country town 4 hours drive from the major metropolises.

4 Dorco 6 bladed carts from Everyman Jack $12.00
10 Dorco 6 bladed carts plus handle from Amazon $20.99

No, not expensive at all :rolleyes:

Everyone has a different outlook on what is expensive and what is not. Some may consider an outlay of $50 for a decent razor outlandish and one does not need to spend more than $10 for a shaving tool just to remove ones whiskers. Others, such as myself would consider an item such as the one mentioned in this thread an absolute bargain. Why? Because spending thresholds may and perhaps are totally different for both you and I.

We just see things differently. No harm in that to be honest.

Happy shaves....

Everyone has a different outlook on what is expensive and what is not. Some may consider an outlay of $50 for a decent razor outlandish and one does not need to spend more than $10 for a shaving tool just to remove ones whiskers. Others, such as myself would consider an item such as the one mentioned in this thread an absolute bargain. Why? Because spending thresholds may and perhaps are totally different for both you and I.

We just see things differently. No harm in that to be honest.

Happy shaves....
My statement was factual not an expression of opinion.

My statement was factual not an expression of opinion.

Sorry there Mr. Sabre. You're wrong on both accounts. My thoughts were not based on actual fact nor opinion but, rather on my own perception and on how one views these minor trivial nuances on what one believes to be cheap or expensive. Your views as has been seen through your postings are completely different from mine.

As gentleman, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Happy shaves......

Your forgetting the price and value of the handle. Get real. I'm probably throwing away the 6 bladed cartridges as I like the 3 and 7 much better.

I've seen these locally and almost tried them, but I'm not a big fan of the Dorco carts, just never seem to get a good shave from them. The gel is interesting, though, so I'm curious to hear about your experience with it.

Everyman Jack's shave gels and creams are excellent, albeit probably won't appeal to traditionalists. Their shave gels have really good glide, decent protection , and you probably won't even need much in the way of aftershave.

I feel like ZeosPantera on his audio Youtube channel when he gets a budget gamechanging headphone and just blurts out "Damn you!". Because alot of these newer, mass-market shave products seem like the shaving endgame, and if you've built up expectations that a great shaving product has to come from Italy or be made by an artisan in his garage from the rendered fat of chocobos, it can be a letdown to have your expectations shattered like that.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
and if you've built up expectations that a great shaving product has to come from Italy or be made by an artisan in his garage from the rendered fat of chocobos
Wow for a minute there I thought you were saying these were not absolute truths. :)

actually I’m one who likes a wide variety of shave lubricating media.

Received my razor a few days ago and shaved with it once, using a Dorco 7 cartridge. The chrome handle looks really nice, but lacks the ergonomics of other Dorco handles that I prefer. Ergonomically it reminds me of the handle that comes with the Dorco 3. I didn't care for that handle and gave it away. The person that I gave it to likes it. The Everyman Jack handle looks great with my other razors and I'll occasionally use it, but wouldn't replace it if I lost it.

Everyman Jack's shave gels and creams are excellent, albeit probably won't appeal to traditionalists. Their shave gels have really good glide, decent protection , and you probably won't even need much in the way of aftershave.
Sounds interesting to me and definitely worth a sot if I find any on sale.

While I prefer soap and brush, I'm not against the modern gels and brushless creams; I've found several that are excellent whether you shave cartridge, DE, or something else. One thing I really like about some of the more modern products is that they usually work acceptably in a wide variety of water conditions, which has saved my skin a few times while traveling.

EMJ Shavie Gel has been around for awhile and is an excellent product - superior to the vast majority of canned goo products put out these days. I've used it for years with regular artisan soap to make super/uberlather, and it works great, as well as a standalone for travel

Top Bottom