What's new

Every Friday is Clubman Friday

Clubman's Special Reserve, that tobacco-leather combo, is my aftershave every day. I need to order some more, as all I can find in stores here is the classic (which I love too).

For that matter, I toss on some Clubman powder as my last step in a shave.

Cannot wait to restart work, to try out my new fragrances I received from America. I've been off work on furlough and so I have had plenty of time on my hands to do some decanting. Fitting in with the drink theme of the latest clubman reserve range, I decanted into some bottles that wouldn't look out of place being swigged under a bridge from a brown paper bag. The US seem to use empty chilly bottles to decant into, I guess the UK contingent could reuse Worcester Sauce (or if from Yorkshire use Henderson's Relish) bottles, they even have a restrictor to ensure minimal waste.
IMG_20200524_155952.jpg
IMG_20200524_155952.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Fri, May 29th 2020

Razor: Gem Micromatic flying wing, MMBT, Guiding eye.....-MFG 1947-50
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (9) - Great blade characteristics all the way around, sharpness, longevity & smoothness after a couple of shaves.
Soap: Colonel Conk bayrum- I enjoy using this soap.
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow with brown whiskers(Mew) 26 mm- very packed whiskers with soft tips & back bone, excellent Brush IMO.
Pre-shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pick ups.
Post shave: Pinaud Clubman with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea Balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Great shave with my Gem MMBT.

SOTD, Fri, May 29th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

In with the Original.

Every time I see a pic or reference of the vegetal, I think I gotta give it another try...it's been over 10 years, what could possibly go wrong?

Top Bottom