What's new

EverReady 500N

Just aquired a EveryReady 500N brush - nylon bristles and lucite handle.
Will be restoring it shortly and will post photos.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Yes, I sure will post before & after pics.
I'm currently in the hunt for a new knot!

Yes, I thought about those Maggard SHD knots - maybe for the next one. I have two brushes I re-knotted with a Maggard's synthetic and happy with both.
For this one I just ordered an AP Shave Co. tuxedo synthetic knot so I hope it works out for this handel.

Here's a couple of before photos while waiting on the new knot.

After sterilizing the nylon knot I used it for one shave. Well surprisingly it was a good lather maker!
But the nylon tips felt like straw, stiff & scratchy and the bristles had no real backbone - it has to go!

First two when I received the brush.
Second two handle after cleaning with Dawn and a soft toothbrush then polishing.
Third two with knot cut off.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

That's a cool looking handle. I like the dark red in the knot cup. Looking forward to seeing it when finished

This looks about right to me. Or finger nail polish comes in an insane variety of colors.
Hey thanks for the info.
I do need to check whatever paint or color I get to make sure it's compatible with the epoxy to set the knot.

This looks about right to me. Or finger nail polish comes in an insane variety of colors.
Just checked the website for the epoxy I use and it's compatible to mix Testors paint to dye the epoxy!
Thanks for the idea on Testors paint

Here's a couple of preliminary photos of the knot placed in the handle cup.
Still need to sand the cup sides a bit to get the k it deeper.
proxy.php
proxy.php

That will be quite a beautiful restoration! I personally believe you’re allowed to pick whatever color scheme you like.

Top Bottom