What's new

EverReady 1912

This past Saturday, I stopped at the antique store on my way home from work. I picked up an EverReady 1912 gold tone razor that was in pretty good shape. I shaved with it, for the first time, tonight, and wow! Going into the shave, I was expecting the razor to be aggressive, but turns out, it was actually quite mild! The only other gem-style razor that I have used is the GEM Featherweight and to me, the 1912 wasn’t much more aggressive (if at all). I got a fair shave with the razor, but I think that I need to work on my technique to get a closer shave. No nicks or cuts!

This past Saturday, I stopped at the antique store on my way home from work. I picked up an EverReady 1912 gold tone razor that was in pretty good shape. I shaved with it, for the first time, tonight, and wow! Going into the shave, I was expecting the razor to be aggressive, but turns out, it was actually quite mild! The only other gem-style razor that I have used is the GEM Featherweight and to me, the 1912 wasn’t much more aggressive (if at all). I got a fair shave with the razor, but I think that I need to work on my technique to get a closer shave. No nicks or cuts!
I hope you find this thread useful How Does One Shave With A GEM/Ever Ready 1912 SE Razor? Tips On Technique From Colleagues Needed. - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/how-does-one-shave-with-a-gem-ever-ready-1912-se-razor-tips-on-technique-from-colleagues-needed.622671/

It's my journey to figuring out how to use the superb 1912 improved and all the great help I received. Please read it, and I hope it helps.

It's my closest shaving experience to a straight I think, in terms of skin stretching, and the attention you take to the shave while using it.

Good luck brother!

Last edited:
I hope you find this thread useful How Does One Shave With A GEM/Ever Ready 1912 SE Razor? Tips On Technique From Colleagues Needed. - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/how-does-one-shave-with-a-gem-ever-ready-1912-se-razor-tips-on-technique-from-colleagues-needed.622671/

It's my journey to figuring out how to use the superb 1912 improved and all the great help I recieved. Please read it, and I hope it helps.

It's my closest shaving experience to a straight I think, in terms of skin stretching, and the attention you take to the shave while using it.

Good luck brother!
Thank you! I’ve been shaving with a GEM Featherweight and I have gotten great shaves with it. My lather wasn’t the greatest tonight, so it may have been that, rather than my shaving technique.

Top Bottom