What's new

Everest vs Trafalgar vs Roma

Can anybody with any or all brushes offer any information regarding the characteristics of each brush? I'm particularly interested in the Yaqi. If you prefer one, why? What are the The direct specs? The SBAD gods demand another offering.

To those unaware: the "Everest" is Yaqi's take on the Trafalgar/Evo models.
Yaqi-Everest-24mm-White-Marble-Synthetic-Hair-Shaving-Brush.jpg

Ah, i didn't know that Yaqi had the same fibre. Between Trafalgar and Roma there are several comparative videos in youtube. I had researched it myself. The common sensation was that the Roma was a bit more difficult to splay than the Trafalgar, a bit higher backbone, the knot was more "contained". The Trafalgar, one model, i think the T2, had one gentleman complain that when he splayed, he could feel the handle. The Trafalgar in general had a bit more bloomed knot than the Omegas.

I am sure there are gentlemen of the forum that have both and will give 1st hand accounts.

Ah, i didn't know that Yaqi had the same fibre. Between Trafalgar and Roma there are several comparative videos in youtube. I had researched it myself. The common sensation was that the Roma was a bit more difficult to splay than the Trafalgar, a bit higher backbone, the knot was more "contained". The Trafalgar, one model, i think the T2, had one gentleman complain that when he splayed, he could feel the handle. The Trafalgar in general had a bit more bloomed knot than the Omegas.

I am sure there are gentlemen of the forum that have both and will give 1st hand accounts.
I believe it's a rather recent addition to their product line. Thank you for the information

They are very similar, for me. Omega Roma Lupa was the worst, very hard to splay.
If I have to choose just one I would go with the Simpson Trafalgar T2, but only for the handle. The fibers look identical.

P.S. If you order Everest ask for one with lower glue bump!

Currently Yaqi has a lot of different handles with that knot marked as "defect" around 8$. Ordered myself one with the Arctic Sky handle. The waiting game begins.
Interesting...I take it they don't specify what the defect is?

Probably a 3cm glue bump

They are very similar, for me. Omega Roma Lupa was the worst, very hard to splay.
If I have to choose just one I would go with the Simpson Trafalgar T2, but only for the handle. The fibers look identical.

P.S. If you order Everest ask for one with lower glue bump!

From where did you order yours?

Top Bottom