What's new

Ever trying loosening up the handle on your Yaqi DOC?

I used mine today and to experiment loosened the handle on my DOC head since on my jaw area I still had a lot of stubble. This thing got real aggressive all of a sudden, so I kept it just to the jaw area where I don't cut easily. If you do, do it maybe 1/4 turn back from snug and see what happens. I got BBS but would never us it on my chin or neck.

Last edited:
Tightening down the handle and then loosening the handle maybe one-eighth of a turn will make the razor more aggressive and the shave more efficient.

But you know what? So will doing an extra thorough and extra long skin prep. Ditto shaving with cool (not cold) water. Ditto doing a four-pass shave. There are many ways to enhance the efficiency of a razor.

The DOC is the only razor in my collection (currently) that has not given me a good shave. To me it is already very aggressive and I probably need to work on my technique with it more (even though I've been wet shaving for 4 years) and test some more blades with it.. That's the reason why I don't use it too often.

Definitely giving it a try soon, I meant to spend some time learning the razor before doing anything like loosening up the handle or shimming but I might as well give it a shot for kicks.

I'm amazed at how comfortable and smooth the DOC is on my face but I constantly find myself wishing it was more efficient and had more blade feel. Like you I also find the DOC leaves more stubble than I like on the jaw. It's most probably my technique though since it does a BBS on my upper lip just fine.

Top Bottom