What's new

Ever seen anything like this?

About a month ago I picked this up at an antique store. It was simply labeled "Gillette set." I don't know if this was a standalone item or if it's part of a travel set. What do you guys think?

I've seen those stands before. I don't know what it goes to, but hopefully someone will chime in. The razor is a travel tech, it doesn't go with that set.

I've seen those stands before. I don't know what it goes to, but hopefully someone will chime in. The razor is a travel tech, it doesn't go with that set.

I didn't think the travel Tech really fit it either. However it was the razor in the set so I didn't want to go swapping stuff out. :tongue_sm

Glad to know I'm not crazy.

That is a Gillette travel razor and Gillette blades. I have seen that holder at an antique store around here, they had a Gem in it. I don't know if it's a generic holder or was made for any brand specifically. I keep talking myself out of buying it for $15.00, I don't want the Gem, just the holder, they swear it's a kit.

That's the holder for the Gem Minuteman set. Around 1925. It was meant to be hung on the wall or inside the medicine cabinet. It held the razor and blades. That's not a Gem razor though. Looks like a Gillette travel razor.

It looks like one of those blade boxes is still wrapped in old-style cellphane. Whatever you do, resist the urge to upwrap it! I gave in and unwrapped mine and I sure wish I hadn't! Be careful with it, too. That old cello-wrap is very very brittle.

Congrats!

Yep. Ever-Ready's have the hammered look and they do say Ever-Ready on the bottom. At least mine does. Mine is nickel, though. No brass(ing).

The Gem Minuteman sets have the checked look, like orchestrion's. Not sure if the company name is on the bottom.

Yep. Ever-Ready's have the hammered look and they do say Ever-Ready on the bottom. At least mine does. Mine is nickel, though. No brass(ing).

The Gem Minuteman sets have the checked look, like orchestrion's. Not sure if the company name is on the bottom.

Yeah, I thought about how that sounded after I posted it. The look of the pattern, not the color.

I couldn't find a company name on the bottom of mine. I posted it here because I knew at least one person would know what it was. This is a great place. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom