What's new

Ever ready or Whiting-Adams

Hello gents,

Today I went out hunting for an ever ready c40, but found a Whiting-Adams for sale for $20.00. It was the black and ivory and it looked just like the ever ready 150.

I didn't get it because I didn't know what I had on my hands until I got home. So the questions, does it matter which one I get?

I am a total noob here and I have no idea about brush handles.

Thanks in advance.

It really comes down to what you're going to do with them. Are you planning on using them as they are or restoring them? The Ever-Ready C40 was one of the very last models that Ever-Ready made. The Whiting-Adams was an earlier brush and probably more rare. A picture of it would really help.

black and ivory.PNG Both would need restoring and I would like to use them....the Adams brush looks just like the ever-ready c150

Also, I found another brush but I didn't have the chance to get the name. This one was more expensive @ 30.00

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    170.9 KB · Views: 10
I got these pics of the web and are not of the original products. I was not allowed to take pics of them.

Personally, I would go with the Whiting-Adams. There are fewer of them around and it's a nice brush. The other picture looks like a Rubberset Plastiset 600N. They are made with Lucite, an early version of Plexiglas. They are fairly commonly encountered.

It really comes down to what you're going to do with them. Are you planning on using them as they are or restoring them? The Ever-Ready C40 was one of the very last models that Ever-Ready made. The Whiting-Adams was an earlier brush and probably more rare. A picture of it would really help.

+1. Either would be fine.

Went out and picked up the Adams. It needs to be cleaned and It looks like I need to change the knot as well. Not to sure if I should restore it.

Turns out that the pic I had uploaded was the wrong brush color scheme.

Attachments

• 20170423_191649.jpg
    20170423_191649.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 10
  • 20170423_191705.jpg
    20170423_191705.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
Top Bottom