What's new

Ever ready model numbers -- post your numbers here

Pure Badger just means that it is ALL badger hair...not some other hair or mixed with boar...it is not a grade in this context.

That looks like a great brush.

Here is my only Ever Ready's I have so far.
The Red one is a 100 and the Blue is F-40
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Here's my Ever-Ready model 600N It came in a lot with an Old Spice Shaving soap and mug. The brush is 100% Nylon bristle. The handle is big and chunky.... Knot 24mm, Loft 48mm total height 104mm. The knot is just as it came, have'nt washed it yet or attempted to use it. I couldn't get a clear legible pic of the writing on the base.

proxy.php
[/IMG]

Haven't been collecting vintage brushes long, here's the two Ever-Ready's I have and use. 300 on the left, 100 on the right. The 100 is in mint condition.

proxy.php

Just finished restoring this Ever-Ready 75.

Took it completely apart, removed the old knot as it was no good, sanded down the wooden part and repainted it, polished up the metal part as good as possible and then reassembled the lot with a 22 mm Black Badger knot from TGN.

I'm quite satisfied with the result :biggrin1:

Before and after pictures can be found here

Here, I'll just show an after picture

proxy.php

I like your restore so much I was going to do the same, but the knot is in pretty good shape and isn't shedding at all....mine is a ...(75a).

proxy.php

I have a bunch of 100s. Most look like Deltaboys green/white one.

This white 100 is different looking and almost flawless. The 100 NN feels very heavy, and has a beautiful purple color. I think it's rubber. Not sure until I get it cleaned up.

I really like the 100 NN and it would be perfect for a stubby restore. I suspect it would be a great face latherer.

So much so that it might get me out of being a total bowl latherer. :001_smile

It has a small crack that I am not sure what to do with.

Great post! I came across it looking for information on the ever ready 250 strange thing is, it looks identical to the 150 in the OP, the chess like one such a great shape!

I'm going to clean it up and fit a TGN 2 band finest to it, what would be the best way to restore the White writing.

Thanks guys

As you have seen we are putting a brush compendium together. I would like to include the Ever Readys in there and will need some Pictures, model numbers, and knot sizes

Can you guys Help ???

I have three for the list:

EverReady 150 Red/White. 18mm Best set at 42mm. It could have taken a 20mm knot. My first restore of my very first brush purchased by my Dad before I headed off to college in 1974.

proxy.php

Second was an EverReady 836A. 20mm Finest Badger set at 45mm.

proxy.php

And third an EverReady 100 Green/Cream. 20 mm Finest Fan Badger set at 45mm.

proxy.php

Before or after we restore them? I've got one that I haven't started yet.
It'll take me a bit of time before I do start it.
It sounds to me like you want the restored ones.

I'd love to contribute but I'm not computer savvy enough to add to the wiki.You are more than welcome to use the pics.Here is a original Ever-Ready 29J shaving set with hunting dogs on the lid.

Ever-Ready
29J
Overall Height 110mm
Handle length 65mm wood with orange paint
Brush loft 45mm
Knot diamater 20mm
Boar bristle

All measurements are rounded to closest mm. I have a few other brushes in original condition although they are not ever-ready brand, but you could still use them in the brush index. I will post them after this.

Attachments

• $DSCF1769.jpg
    $DSCF1769.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 3,561
  • $DSCF1773.jpg
    $DSCF1773.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 3,555
Here are a couple of brushes not ever-ready but still vintage. I hope you can use them.

First up:

Plymouth
Overall length 164mm
Handle length 88mm material unknown to me
Brush loft 76mm
Knot diameter 30mm
Boar bristle

Next up:

Shumate
Overall length 117mm
Handle length 66mm material unknown to me
brush loft 51mm