What's new

Ever ready model numbers -- post your numbers here

The "BH" stands for "Brush & Holder" This was meant to be either a travel brush, or one that you could stand on the counter in its matching holder.

Thanks for the info! That explains the handle shape, as well as the alpha code. I have an E-R Badgerlon, where the BN code says 'badger/nylon' to me.

Given that the code is not about the knot, I am curious still about the knot hairs. The inner hair is very soft and pliant, nothing like the usual E-R banded boar knots. The outer hair has a little backbone, but there is very little of that hair.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Ever Ready 59. A mottled great swirl base and a ivory top.

Attachments

• 8A22CDF0-4512-4055-885A-E67E2B66349C.jpeg
    8A22CDF0-4512-4055-885A-E67E2B66349C.jpeg
    646.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 2CC43200-284A-4633-813C-01DDF2D70A65.jpeg
    2CC43200-284A-4633-813C-01DDF2D70A65.jpeg
    584.3 KB · Views: 21
Does anyone know the difference between the Ever-ready F40 and the 200T? I've also noticed that the 200T sometimes has a metal ring around the middle and at times it doesn't. They just look exactly the same to me.

Attachments

• Ever Ready 129 R.png
    Ever Ready 129 R.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Ever Ready 129 R bottom.png
    Ever Ready 129 R bottom.png
    21.2 KB · Views: 12
Greetings from England. I have just acquired a carton of these English 12s and wondered of their age- from design of boxes maybe 20s or 30s? They are cool as hell. Joined up just to find out more apologies if posted in wrong place
Unless I missed it, it doesn't look like anyone answered you? It's a great find. Have you shown us a picture of one unboxed?

Every Ready 100. No letter suffix, just the number 100 and "Every Ready" on the bottom. Also, the handle prper has the Every Ready logo and "Guaranteed." Could this be an earlier model before letter suffixes were added? I'm going to gouge out the badly worn knot with a u-shaped small chisel and replace it with a Maggard knot which I have laying around. If successful, will post a photo.

Every Ready 100. No letter suffix, just the number 100 and "Every Ready" on the bottom. Also, the handle prper has the Every Ready logo and "Guaranteed." Could this be an earlier model before letter suffixes were added? I'm going to gouge out the badly worn knot with a u-shaped small chisel and replace it with a Maggard knot which I have laying around. If successful, will post a photo.

There were a lot of different Ever Ready brushes with the 100 code without suffixes. I don't believe anyone has ever worked through what it really means. But you see this with other manufacturers too, where completely different brushes have the same model number.

Top Bottom