What's new

Ever-Ready ID help...

Havent posted in quite sometime.... I still wet shave daily with my plethora of razors but ran into this little guy today at an antique shop. I know that I overpaid for it but I wasnt passing at the opportunity!! I have 2 basic questions:
1. What exactly is it??
2. What blade to use?? A gem SE didnt really fit well.

20191011_171730.jpg
20191011_171742.jpg

Outstanding.... thanks guys!! I bent the little "wings" inside the head just a smidge and that seemed to have put enough pressure on the blade to keep it from moving around.

Amazing shave!!! 3 pass this morning.... it is a bit "vocal" but I love it!!! Removed a tech from the rotation and added the 1914!!

My favorite SE. That's a good start.
1912s and 1914s are particularly loud, every hair making a little noise as they're cut down.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Nice "Little Lather Catcher" you have there!

They are excellent little shavers. I like to use a somewhat longer and more massive handle on them. The threads in the head are 8-24, an obsolete thread (though you can still work out how to make it on a screw-cutting lathe). One nondestructive solution is to make a handle with a piece of brass or copper rod, and then drill and tap a hole into the handle for 6-32 thread. Gently push a 6-32 screw down from the inside of the head, thread on the handle, and Robert is your mother's brother.

Here's mine. I was looking for a piece of 1/2" brass rod. What I found in the junk pile was a piece of 5/8" copper, so that's what I used. It's all hand work and could look better, but it works. I'll eventually make one in 1/2" though, this is a little heavier than I like, but the mass makes it a very smooth shaver.

IMG_0311[1].JPG

That reminds me I should pull that thing out one day soon and use it for a while.

O.H.

Very nice, Rob! Hows the job going?
Thank you for asking @KeenDogg !!! I am a very blessed man!!! I've doubled my original book of business in just over 2 years, hired a full time secretary and I'm currently looking for an intern to help us out. Life is busy but it's a different kind of busy that the culinary business was!!! No more stress, no high blood pressure, no ulcers....

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Thank you for asking @KeenDogg !!! I am a very blessed man!!! I've doubled my original book of business in just over 2 years, hired a full time secretary and I'm currently looking for an intern to help us out. Life is busy but it's a different kind of busy that the culinary business was!!! No more stress, no high blood pressure, no ulcers....
Awesome to hear! Sounds healthy!

Top Bottom