What's new

Ever-Ready Brush Revamp

Just starting a first time revamp of an Ever-Ready 200T I got off EBay.
I cleaned it with soap four times as I wanted to use it but it had a nasty smell to it. Left it out on our deck for days and washed it a couple more times again but just couldn't get that rank smell out of it.
Ditched that idea then planned to replace the knot. So I cut off the bristles, drilled the stump out, sanded and polished the handle.
Has not a hint of any smell now![emoji4]
Photos are when I got the brush and the others are at the stage I'm now at, polished and de-knotted.
It will take a 20mm knot just don't know yet what bristle type I want to use.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I am very satisfied with a 20mm TGN finest badger in a similar brush. Mine did not have a shelf where the knot sits. I filled it tot the needed height with epoxy and a dozen pennies. The added weight and solid fill is something I like very much. TGN knots are excellent in my opinion.

Thanks guys, I like the retro look and was surprised by how comfortable it feels in my hand.
Will post again once I get a new knot.

Nice looking brush. Before joining here reknotting didn't cross my mind, now I'm in. Good to read where you and others go with these.
Cheers,
R

Bought a 200T in 1971 and used it forever!
Awesome! I assume it was boar bristle? I like the retro look and feel of the handle.
The one I have was boar until I de-knotted it. Now on the hunt for a new knot.....

Nice looking brush. Before joining here reknotting didn't cross my mind, now I'm in. Good to read where you and others go with these.
Cheers,
R
Didn't cross my mind either but I said to myself why knot - haha pun intended!
Once I checked out a couple of videos of brush revamps and knot replacements I figured I should give it a go.

Ok, I finally bought a new badger knot.
I am embarrassed to say I procrastinated this long in getting one.
So here goes...
First photo is the EverReady 200T boar brush when I got it off EBay.
As stated, I couldn't get the rank smell out of the bristles no matter how many times I washed it or days left outside on the deck. So decided to re-knot the handle.
Second photo is after I removed the knot and polished the handle.
Third photo is a new finest badger knot from Shave Forge.
The last two photos are of the finished re-knot after the epoxy set up.
I'm happy to say, I like the way the brush revamp finally came out and eager to use it!
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Thanks so much!
I didn't think it would take me this long to get a new knot.[emoji17]
Used it this morning for the first time! Although it still needs to be broken in the brush worked great and I see it only getting better with more use.
I really like the handle and the way it feels, just comfortable for me.

Top Bottom