What's new

Ever-Ready brush question

I just bought this brush today because I need one and figured the restored green would look really great.

My problem is that beyond replacing the knot (i've been reading up on how to do that on B&B), the black and green parts of the handle can be twisted independently of each other. So after I get the old knot out, how can I secure the top and bottom portions of the handle? Is it a screw? Epoxy that is beginning to give way? If anyone knows how an Ever-Ready 925 brush is put together inside please share.

proxy.php

proxy.php

My problem is that beyond replacing the knot (i've been reading up on how to do that on B&B), the black and green parts of the handle can be twisted independently of each other. Is it a screw? Epoxy that is beginning to give way?

The bottom portion is threaded to screw into the top and it is then glued in place. I have had great luck in unscrewing these and then epoxying them back in place.

Thank you very much! This is exactly the kind of information I was looking for before disassembling it myself. You are a scholar and a gentleman

Top Bottom