What's new

Ever-Ready before & after

Great looking brush. I'd been working on a couple but got frustrated and gave up. Whatever they used to set the knot is &^%*^# tough stuff! Alas, you've inspired me to get back at it. Thanks! (I think)

Great looking brush. I'd been working on a couple but got frustrated and gave up. Whatever they used to set the knot is &^%*^# tough stuff! Alas, you've inspired me to get back at it. Thanks! (I think)

Funny you mention that. At one point it seemed like I was drilling through hair then wood then metal then plaster! "Stuff" was abundant back in the day!

YW. You know I didn't measure the depth I set the knot at. I just kept placing it in until I liked the look. Sorry.

Hey! No apology needed here! Seriously...thank you! I am trying to get as much info as I can before I order the knot and place it to restore my Every-Ready 150B. I got great responses, including yours, from all 4 or 5 threads I asked questions on the other night. Your technique looks to have worked out great!

What I sometimes did was to wrap a rubber band around the knot at various places to see what that loft length would feel like. This approximates seating the knot at different depths.

Good luck

What I sometimes did was to wrap a rubber band around the knot at various places to see what that loft length would feel like. This approximates seating the knot at different depths.

Good luck

That's a great idea! I was wondering how to figure that out. High-tech wins again!

Top Bottom