What's new

Ever-Ready before & after

I picked this up for a few bucks a couple weeks a go and decided to make it a user and fix'er up. I had to wait for a 20mm Forstner bit and a new knot from Tony. Came out pretty nice with a little polishing.

proxy.php

proxy.php

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I picked this up for a few bucks a couple weeks a go and decided to make it a user and fix'er up. I had to wait for a 20mm Forstner bit and a new knot from Tony. Came out pretty nice with a little polishing.

proxy.php

proxy.php
Gunny:
Quite simply very, very impressive first class (A #1) work. :thumbup:

Although I may not be additted yet, but there's time (I think I'm holding up rather well against this Vintage Ever-Ready Brush disorder [especially the two tone color scheme knockouts],...and as Memebr Rm71 a.k.a. Rocco would say, "Badgers sure do know how to breed"!...I mean OMG :yikes: they can 'multiply' faster than rabbits (better to get them 'citters' nurtured or spayed :wink2: ), we all gladly suffer (and are doomed perhaps :lol1: ), to some degree from this shaving complusion, because at times..."Resistance is futile".
proxy.php

Christopher
proxy.php

Last edited:
Beautiful work. Nice knot choice.

Thanks, I went back & forth trying to decide if I should go badger or boar. I am not sure what the original was? Felt like boar but may have been horse for all I know. I already a couple boars so I went with the badger from NIB. I like the short, stout knot.

Very nice! Love the butterscotch and black combo! Exactly what size and type of not did you chose, and how deep did you set it? Thanks!

Last edited:
Very nice! Love the butterscotch and black combo! Exactly what size and type of not did you chose, and how deep did you set it? Thanks!

I bought a 20mm best from Tony at TGN. Cut the old hair off then drilled the rest out with a 20mm forstner bit. Just kept checking the depth until I liked it. Used 2 part epoxy once I was ready. I really love epoxy! My Wife makes fun of me because I can spend 15 minutes in the glue aisle. :lol:

Outstanding job, gunny! It's so nice to see these poor, neglected, worn-out brushes brought back to life. Keep up the good work! :thumbup1:

Top Bottom