What's new

Ever ready 500E, How do I restore the crack?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Should I put a lighting bolt in it:)
Yes! It's funny, I posted that, thinking of course of how much you look like Robert Redford, but I wondered if I had remembered the name of the bat right. After a quick search, the only thing that popped up was Homer Simpson! Whom I know you look nothing like, but then I remembered a little known competitor of yours by the name of Simpson, and the thread in my head came full circle. My brain is a fun place.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
@KeenDogg, how is baseball your life right now? Coaching, playing, watching?
Watching my middle one. He is a pitcher and shortstop. They just won their league championship and now he wants to do tournament ball.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

KeenDogg

Adam my son Seth brought me a broken Major league baseball bat, I am thinking a few handles:)
It's Ash not Maple.
That sounds awesome! How does ash turn? Indians bat, I'm guessing?

FarmerTan

Watching my middle one. He is a pitcher and shortstop. They just won their league championship and now he wants to do tournament ball.

You are blessed! I pitched, poorly, as a kid, though I did develope a decent curve when I got older. Learned to throw a bunch of junk, but my fastball was everyone else's change up, lol. Coached 8 year olds almost 40 years ago. I'm not sure I have the patience for parents anymore, to be honest.

Good for you!

KeenDogg

Thanks, FT!
Pictures of the handle
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

KeenDogg

You are blessed! I pitched, poorly, as a kid, though I did develope a decent curve when I got older. Learned to throw a bunch of junk, but my fastball was everyone else's change up, lol. Coached 8 year olds almost 40 years ago. I'm not sure I have the patience for parents anymore, to be honest.

Good for you!

We just got done with an 8u tourney. We were DEd on the third day. The kids played well considering we had 7 and 8 yr old and the other team had all 8s.

Parents can be nuts. So can coaches too though, usually on their own kids.

FarmerTan

We just got done with an 8u tourney. We were DEd on the third day. The kids played well considering we had 7 and 8 yr old and the other team had all 8s.

Parents can be nuts. So can coaches too though, usually on their own kids.

Sad.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw one kid at the park this weekend whose dad(I assume) was drilling them. The one where you go from jogging to push-up position, repeat endlessly at almost noon.

The kid might have loved it though.

FarmerTan

Possible good news: at least his dad was spending time with him? Or unkle? At least it was a male. Boys need men. And no, I'm not a misogynist. I'm the biggest mama's boy on B&B. And I even married one.

Take my wife.

Please.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
My 7 year old grandson Logan plays on a team
That's for 8 thru 10 .
He is playing up a year and loves it.
Eat and sleeps baseball .they had their first playoff game last night. Great fun.
I don't know if I had more fun watching him or watching my oldest son Seth his father .
Logan is left handed a and actually has movement on his fastball that is amazing the coach put him in to pitch the last inning . He was the closer :)
Watching him go through the motions on the mound, the look in ,the stare,the hat pulled down,the pause, the taking the breath and then the wind-up. Everything I taught His father when he was His age . He struck out the side :)
Seth walked away from the backstop,His face said it all. My Wife looks at me and says what is wrong with your eye ,did you get a bug in it :)

Last edited:

FarmerTan

That's for 8 thru 10 .
Eat and sleeps baseball .they had their first playoff game last night. Great fun.
I don't know if I had more fun watching him or watching my oldest son Seth his father .
Logan is left handed a and actually has movement on his fastball that is amazing the coach put him in to pitch the last inning . He was the closer :)
Watching him go through the motions on the mound, the look in ,the stare,the hat pulled down,the pause, the taking the breath and then the wind-up. Everything I taught His father when he was His age . He struck out the side :)
Seth walked away from the backstop,His face said it all. My Wife looks at me and says what is wrong with your eye ,did you get a bug in it :)
Post of the week!

Possible good news: at least his dad was spending time with him? Or unkle? At least it was a male. Boys need men. And no, I'm not a misogynist. I'm the biggest mama's boy on B&B. And I even married one.

Take my wife.
Please.

It was his daughter. :)

I assume for soccer.

But it is good seeing fathers spending time with their children.

KeenDogg

That's for 8 thru 10 .
I think I just had a bug in my eye as well! Similar story with my son.

Top Bottom