What's new

Ever-Ready 200T - 1st Restoration

This is my first restoration attempt. I received this 200T handle as part of a lot I purchased from everyone's favorite auction site, so I decided to give restoration a try. The handle was badly discolored and had some deep scratches. I started with 320 grit and worked up to 2000 grit. I finished with Meguiar's plastic polish. I chose a 20 mm synthetic knot from TGN. There was a bit of a glue bump, so I used a 7/8 forstner bit to open up the hole and clean out the old glue. Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the results. The synthetic is soft but a little springy. It whips up a rich lather really quickly though compared to my pure badger.

Below are the before and after pics. My phone doesn't have a great camera, so I apologize for the poor quality after pic.
s-l1600.jpg
20170424_225809.jpg

Nothing wrong with that one. Great job!! A bit of a warning - brush restorations can get a bit addictive. So far I have done 5 and have 6 more handles waiting on new knots.

Nice! I really like those synthetic TgN knots for my resto projects. They look really good on the C40 and 150s too

Thanks for the compliments. I enjoyed watching it come back to life.

Nothing wrong with that one. Great job!! A bit of a warning - brush restorations can get a bit addictive. So far I have done 5 and have 6 more handles waiting on new knots.

I already have the next project lined up. Just have to decide on what knot to use.

I think you did an excellent job. I've always liked the style of the 100T/200T, and seeing the before pic, you certainly gave it a deserving restoration. Looking forward to seeing more!

I think you did an excellent job. I've always liked the style of the 100T/200T, and seeing the before pic, you certainly gave it a deserving restoration. Looking forward to seeing more!
Thanks. I like the retro-modern look of the 100T and 200T brushes. It's very comfortable and light weight.

Excellent restore. That was a rough looking brush.
With all the sanding I was afraid I might run out of plastic. Luckily the walls were pretty thick.

Top Bottom