What's new

Ever-Ready 1914 Appreciation Day.

I will be shaving late today but wanted to mention that today is the anniversary of the patent of the Ever-Ready 1914. So I will be using the Wonderful Ever-Ready 1914 AKA Little lather catcher today.
Who else will join me in celebrating these beautiful razors for there 106th anniversary?

There’s the date!
FDF4407A-68FB-47AC-A8FC-C668A308B76D.jpeg

My predecessor was 10 years late to the party, though.
C7CAF348-7E3C-44CF-A2E4-1FE5104D4FEF.jpeg

The cap has such a wing-like profile. I want to have mine engraved ‘NO STEP’ to go with ‘LIFT HERE’.

Very nice razor. I had one but sold it. I'm sorry now. I may have to look for one in good condition.

Let us know if you need help searching. I like searching the web for good razors. I may even know of one particularly fine example if it's still available.

I just found one. In good shape. A little high for $37.50 but I may jump at it.

I checked and the particular one I was thinking of has sold. Does the one you are looking at have a box or just the razor. They are out there in really good shape for reasonable prices if you look around a bit.

I checked and the particular one I was thinking of has sold. Does the one you are looking at have a box or just the razor. They are out there in really good shape for reasonable prices if you look around a bit.

No box but in very good shape. I just ordered it from Etsy's site.

Last edited:
It was a fine razor for me this morning. Period appropriate shave?

>E-R March 24, 1914 ‘Little Lather Catcher’
>Gem PTFE (11) (I could have opened a period blade, or at least loaded a modern carbon steel blade)
>E-R brush (my oldest E-R, face and bowl lather combo, going for the Ever-Ready guy look)
>modern Williams Mug soap in a pottery Old Spice mug from mid-40s to early 50s era
>splash of Aqua Velva

That's two pictures of the same razor right? In the bottom picture it looks Gold.

Same razor. I suspect my iPad camera changed its color balance due to all the red in the second photo.

Here it is again after today’s shave:
B613E6D8-C229-466C-94E5-8872D4A86B87.jpeg

Thanks to everyone hew joined me in celebrating these fantastic razors on the anniversary of their patent date.

Here is my late in the day contribution.
Ever-Ready 1914 little lather catcher
Meijer branded SS blade 2nd use
Cold water rinse
Cold water lathered Cyril R Salter wild rose
SHD Two band badger in custom handle by me
Cold water rinse.

Beautiful razor. Please tell us about the handle.
The 1914 head was the one without the hooks as blade stoppers and did not come with a handle. I tapped the thread hole to a standard 5mm and used a set screw to fit a regular handle. The handle itself is from my Hawaiian hardwood collection and this one is Monkey Pod made from a guy over at Etsy who I send occasional blanks to and he turns them for me.

The 1914 head was the one without the hooks as blade stoppers and did not come with a handle. I tapped the thread hole to a standard 5mm and used a set screw to fit a regular handle. The handle itself is from my Hawaiian hardwood collection and this one is Monkey Pod made from a guy over at Etsy who I send occasional blanks to and he turns them for me.

Very nice. If you get a chance Id love to see a few more pictures.

Top Bottom