What's new

Ever-Ready 100

I just picked this up and wanted an opinion on replacing the knot or using as is.
There is no smell or anything except for the misshape of the knot
I know Razor Emporium offers a reknoting service. I am unable to do it myself.

Ever Ready.jpg

I have a 150, boar that was in similar shape, maybe not quite that bad, although it STUNK like dusty bathroom and rotten Old Spice. I soaked it for a few days and shampooed and conditioned it a couple times and it perked up a lot. It's in my rotation now. Might be worth giving it a chance before reknotting it.

That knot is done. Try it and see how you like it, but I know you will enjoy it more if you reknott it. Go ahead and try it yourself. It isn't that difficult.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I would give it a spa and then see what happens. If all the bristles fall out then that will help in the re-knotting process. It might just perk up and work for a bit. No harm in a spa.

I have a 150, boar that was in similar shape, maybe not quite that bad, although it STUNK like dusty bathroom and rotten Old Spice. I soaked it for a few days and shampooed and conditioned it a couple times and it perked up a lot. It's in my rotation now. Might be worth giving it a chance before reknotting it.
I tried the conditioning and shampooing after i sent that picture and a bunch of hairs came out so i think it is done and in need of a new knot.

That knot is done. Try it and see how you like it, but I know you will enjoy it more if you reknott it. Go ahead and try it yourself. It isn't that difficult.
I really want to try it myself just don't have any tools to do it with, i've watched videos and drills are involved along with clamos and everything. I have a small tool box lol

I would give it a spa and then see what happens. If all the bristles fall out then that will help in the re-knotting process. It might just perk up and work for a bit. No harm in a spa.
I tried a spa after posting that picture but it never shaped up in fact some of the bristles did come out.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I just picked this up and wanted an opinion on replacing the knot or using as is.
There is no smell or anything except for the misshape of the knot
I know Razor Emporium offers a reknoting service. I am unable to do it myself.

View attachment 1362408
There are B&B Brush Vendors here that could help you out with a knot replacement of your choice if you don't want to do it yourself.
I would do some searching here for a Vendor to do this for you before ever considering sending it off to the group you mentioned. At least do a search on their history before you consider it.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
That’s a sweet little brush. Heck, I’ve pulled a few old knots out, apply some force and see what happens. Yes, some basic tools may be required to remove a knot and prep the space for a new one. Whichever way you go, that brush will look great and be functional with a new knot. Good luck!

Nice looking handle!

In a similar situation, I had Rudy Vey reknot an EverReady 200: now it is an excellent brush!! :a29:

Top Bottom