What's new

Ever immediately regret a cream purchase?

I'm not bad mouthing this cream. It's a very good one, probably. The Omega Crema da Barba all'olio di Eucalipto.

It lathered easily and thickly. I liked the smell. I got it primarily for the eucalyptus.

But I do have sensitive skin. It hasn't been an issue with my other wet shaving products. I'm fact prior to a couple of bad days.my face has never felt better since wet shaving.

By the time I finished my first lather I realized there was probably a problem. It didn't feel right even before touching razor. I went ahead and did a second pass with it. It burned. It felt terrible. My guess is the "Parfum (fragrance)" ingredient that I didn't notice when purchasing this.

The other thing I didn't notice until starring this post: it's a shaving cream. I did notice that it was softer than my soaps but that didn't clue me in. I haven't tried a true shaving cream until now, and did suspect that I would prefer soaps.

I definitely do now: though I admit this isn't a fair test.

The take-away? This cream isn't for sensitive faces. Certainly isn't for mine.

20220826_184735.jpg

I'm not bad mouthing this cream. It's a very good one, probably. The Omega Crema da Barba all'olio di Eucalipto.

It lathered easily and thickly. I liked the smell. I got it primarily for the eucalyptus.

But I do have sensitive skin. It hasn't been an issue with my other wet shaving products. I'm fact prior to a couple of bad days.my face has never felt better since wet shaving.

By the time I finished my first lather I realized there was probably a problem. It didn't feel right even before touching razor. I went ahead and did a second pass with it. It burned. It felt terrible. My guess is the "Parfum (fragrance)" ingredient that I didn't notice when purchasing this.

The other thing I didn't notice until starring this post: it's a shaving cream. I did notice that it was softer than my soaps but that didn't clue me in. I haven't tried a true shaving cream until now, and did suspect that I would prefer soaps.

I definitely do now: though I admit this isn't a fair test.

The take-away? This cream isn't for sensitive faces. Certainly isn't for mine.

View attachment 1511930
I got a tub of that with their 10065 brush. Kept the brush, tossed the soap after using it a few times. I like Proraso green much more. I also tried TOBS grapefruit and lavender and ended up not using but a few time. Love to eat grapefruit but it didn't work for me as a scent for shaving. Lavender? Just not for me, I'm a rose man!

Yes, I bought 3 Serbian shaving creams. No issues but poor performers.

And some local Brazilian shaving creams as BIC and Natura that didn't lather at all.

ToBS sandalwood, instant buyers regret. It’s pushed way, way in the back of the cabinet now. Saving it in case the dog gets sprayed by a skunk and needs washed up.
I understand how TOBS Sandalwood can be a love it or hate it version of sandalwood. I have to say, much as I love my T&H creams, TOBS Sandalwood is probably my all time favorite shaving cream re: scent. I've never smelled another sandalwood soap or cream that smells like TOBS' version. Like I say, love it or hate.

Almost every single shave cream got tossed or PIF'd. Just find soaps work best for me
Just curious, how do soaps work better than creams? Doesn't it boil down to a product/water ratio? I use both and I can't tell any difference between any of them with the quality of shave I get from either type.

Also, a Maine Yooper? I thought that was only allowed in Michigan!

Just curious, how do soaps work better than creams? Doesn't it boil down to a product/water ratio? I use both and I can't tell any difference between any of them with the quality of shave I get from either type.

Also, a Maine Yooper? I thought that was only allowed in Michigan!
Don't know, but I get along better with soaps.

I am a transplant!

I understand how TOBS Sandalwood can be a love it or hate it version of sandalwood. I have to say, much as I love my T&H creams, TOBS Sandalwood is probably my all time favorite shaving cream re: scent. I've never smelled another sandalwood soap or cream that smells like TOBS' version. Like I say, love it or hate.
I am not exactly sure what the scent profile ToBS was going for but it’s not sandalwood. Maybe overpowering cinnamon, holiday spice mix, mixed with synthetic imitation sandalwood based on my sniffer. It’s a love it or bury it kinda scent; wife also says bury it because it reminded her of a nursing home scent.

I bought a soap from the Ukraine that smells like Juicy Fruit gum. I like the smell but not in a soap. Also not very lathery

I am not exactly sure what the scent profile ToBS was going for but it’s not sandalwood. Maybe overpowering cinnamon, holiday spice mix, mixed with synthetic imitation sandalwood based on my sniffer. It’s a love it or bury it kinda scent; wife also says bury it because it reminded her of a nursing home scent.
Agreed, sandalwood is not what it smells like but I do love it so.

I bought a transparent shave gel from Sally Beauty (Barburys by Sibel), the scent was okay but it shaved like I was using hand sanitizer! No glide at all.

Last edited:
My experience as well. I don't hate it, but its just not sandalwood. Or at least, its got too many things going on to enjoy the sandalwood.

Yeah. This guy right here. Delivered this week. Opened the tub and immediately put it on the B/S/T. My fault totally because I know I highly prefer subtle scents but decided to stick my neck out and try one of these TOBS English flavors because I like the TOBS performance overall. I do not like colognes. I won't even try this one.
IMG_0526.jpg

Top Bottom