What's new

Ever have weepers no matter what?

Went a long time getting great shaves and all of a sudden I have a trouble spot on my neck , now it's both sides. First time it was with almost any safety, this time started with a minor one with a g plate Karve , then even an f plate now a c plate. I used to shave once a week , switched to 3 times a week and backed it to 2 times a week. Any thoughts? Going to go a week and then shave again.

Weepers, cuts, etc., are caused by bad technique or using a razor too aggressive for your needs. Stick with one plate.

Use a less sharp blade. I find about the same result as you except for when I use a Tweet Black Beauty carbon blade. All razor blades are "razor sharp". Find the one that works for you and is smooth over extremely sharp and rough! I am old, my skin is weak and thin, sun damaged terribly and this blade seems to work in the many, many razors I have. Mild razors are fine but smooth razors with a smooth blade are something to find for each and everyone of us. And, of course YMMV means just what the letters stand for. Smooth trumps sharp and aggressive for me any day. Technique is important but your technique is your technique. Just like mine is mine! I have not found a better smoother blade for me than that Black Beauty, regardless of the internet hype on extreme blade sharpness and long lasting blades! YMMV! Remember that as it matters!

Welcome to my life . Unless it’s a tech, Merkur or Muhle R89 I cant seem to avoid them.

That's because those three razors are all in the "Goldilocks zone" for aggression. Pay no attention to the "showboats" who bloviate about using an R41 weak handed while talking on a cell in traffic. Most shavers don't want a very aggressive razor.

I am not a doctor and this is not medical advice.

About once or twice a year, I get a spot on my neck that just seems to bleed at the mildest touch of any razor. If I put antibiotic ointment on the spot for two to three days, the spot clears up and the area returns to normal. I would not advise putting the ointment on a normal weeper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry!

I seldom have this sort of problem these days, so take this with a grain of salt. I would give the problem area a few days off, then see if things improve. If it doesn’t then I second the idea of having your doctor take a look.

Went a long time getting great shaves and all of a sudden I have a trouble spot on my neck , now it's both sides. First time it was with almost any safety, this time started with a minor one with a g plate Karve , then even an f plate now a c plate. I used to shave once a week , switched to 3 times a week and backed it to 2 times a week. Any thoughts? Going to go a week and then shave again.

No, have never had them no matter what. Each time it was when I used pressure.

Every so often my skin rebels and everything that worked doesn't anymore.

Fir me its a matter of just doing one pass for the next few shaves or being more liberal with moisturizer.

Hope it clears up. Take it easy the next few shaves

I've got surprisingly few cuts so far. I'm using a Tech, Shark SS blades, and Barbasol.

The tip to ride the cap instead of the bar helped me figure it out. I barely feel the blade now.

It's alot easier on my face than trying to push a Sensor cartridge past a week.

Every so often my skin rebels and everything that worked doesn't anymore.

Fir me its a matter of just doing one pass for the next few shaves or being more liberal with moisturizer.

Hope it clears up. Take it easy the next few shaves

Laying aside the brush in favor of the can helped alot in cutting down on my face feeling dry and wind-burned and needing alot of moisturizer.

I can see why some guys only shave with silvertips or synthetics. Pure (cheap) badgers are often worse than boars when it comes to having sharp hairs.

Top Bottom