What's new

Ever have one of those mornings?

I'm staying at a friend's house this week and they have young children. So I only brought DE razors to shave with per the request of my buddy. Yes, I realize they can be dangerous too, so I keep in luggage, and could have kept straight in luggage, but wanted to honor his request. Anyhow, I haven't used DE's in anout 8-9 months, but using them this week. After removing the blade yesterday, I went for my shave this AM and first pass- Hhhmmmm not too close, but EXTREMELY smooth. Yep- went for the 2nd pass and then realized there was not a blade in the razor. An embarassing story, but quite comical. I had a much closer shave, but not quite so smooth(but still a nice smooth shave) once adding the blade to the razor. It's going to be that kind of day.

:a7: :a7: :a7:

I had "one of those days" this morning. My routine was all messed up, for not good reason.

1. I forgot to bloom the soap. No big deal, I'll just brush my teeth and let it bloom for a little bit.
2. 99.9% of the time I bowl lather, but for some reason I took the loaded brush straight to my face and completely forgot to use the bowl till it was too late.
3. Forgot to apply my witch-hazel, completely skipped this step that I do every time!
4. Skipping the witch-hazel made me go straight to my aftershave, which took place before my hair product. I prefer the AS after hair so that the AS scent can remain on my hands.

None of this was detrimental, just a very off shave this AM.

I've said it before I'll say again, at least you didn't forget the baseplate to the razor...If found myself wondering why my tame razor was so aggresive and thought my god this blade is sharp to look down and see the baseplate on my sink...

I've said it before I'll say again, at least you didn't forget the baseplate to the razor...If found myself wondering why my tame razor was so aggresive and thought my god this blade is sharp to look down and see the baseplate on my sink...

:lol: Thanks for the laugh. Haven't done this yet but I'm sure my time will come.

BTW Gents- the day got much better. Never know after a morning as described. That was a first. My wife and I are in the middle of moving, closing on a house, new job for me, staying with friends- who have children(we have none), and my wife is 200 miles away. So- a tad bit out-of-sorts for the time being. I did also manage to tell a co-worker the story and introduce to wet-shaving. He had no idea. So still a great day. Lots of changes- all for the good ahead. Nobody ever said change for the better was easy.

Thanks for laughing with me, gentleman. That's what we're here to do. Learn, share, and laugh and learn from our mishaps. I guess after 8 months with a straight, you forget to put the blade in the razor. But perhaps it's a very good thing I wasn't using a straight with such a lack of attention.

Cheers!

Hope all your shaves tomorrow are filled with joy....and a blade!!:blushing::lol::laugh:

Top Bottom