What's new

Ever have one of those days?

Stubbed a toe against the bathroom door just after getting out of bed.

Grazed my baldy head against the car tailgate because I didn't allow enough time for it to raise to full height.

Took the dogs for a run on the beach in typical windy west coast of Scotland conditions. The boy took a dump so I fumbled with the poo bag and picked up his deposit. Just as I was about to tie the bag closed a sudden gust of wind inverted the damn thing, propelling its contents against my running jacket.

Got back home covered in rain and sweat (and the other thing), thoroughly ready for a hot shower and relaxing shave. Didn't think to check that the handle was screwed home properly before I put the razor to my face. Somehow it had loosened just enough to release pressure on the blade. My face now resembles a patchwork quilt made out of toilet paper.

Biggest mistake today? Getting out of bed.

Didn't think to check that the handle was screwed home properly before I put the razor to my face. Somehow it had loosened just enough to release pressure on the blade. My face now resembles a patchwork quilt made out of toilet paper.

My wife did that in 1968 when we were dating. I remember watching a hockey game in her apartment while she bathed that day. I heard her scream and when I opened the bathroom door, her bath water was red. To this day she still claims to have a scar from that DE. Valuing my life these past 50+ years, I take her at her word and have never suggested that she ditch what she now uses for a Lady Gillette.

I suggest going back to sleep until tomorrow to prevent further damages. :a13:

That's solid advice, and in a way I followed it by watching The Delta Force on Netflix. Only the most minimal brain activity is required when viewing one of Cannon's finest :)

Let me guess, your nickname is "Lucky"?
You're in SCOTLAND, you know how to fix this. :001_smile

Unfortunately I'm not much of a drinker but then I'm not a true Scot, having been born in Yorkshire. One of our old family sayings was "If we didn't have bad luck, we'd have no luck at all."

My wife did that in 1968 when we were dating. I remember watching a hockey game in her apartment while she bathed that day. I heard her scream and when I opened the bathroom door, her bath water was red. To this day she still claims to have a scar from that DE. Valuing my life these past 50+ years, I take her at her word and have never suggested that she ditch what she now uses for a Lady Gillette.

The incident with the razor was quite interesting. The blade wasn't lose exactly, but it wasn't clamped properly by the cap, so I guess the blade gap was increased and maybe the angle of the cutting edge was different? It was certainly a more efficient/aggressive shave, and though I felt more blade I didn't really twig what was happening until the red stuff was flowing. I've heard that some original plate RR Mamba users back the handle off just a bit to increase efficiency? Regardless, it's not a shaving practice I'll be repeating any time soon :)

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Listen to Willie Nelson sing: The Last Thing I Needed The 1st Thing This Morning.
It will make you feel better.
Let me know how it goes.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Can affirm loosening the head increases blade gap/aggressiveness, but it must be done *very* carefully.

Sympathies on the day. Once - in a hurry - I dropped a can of soda (pop) in the kitchen. It landed at some perfect angle - pierced and shaken - and sprayed in circles like a Catherine wheel, coating the entire kitchen in Diet Coke from about four feet up to the floor. The whole room. And I was late to work already. It was like magic. It could NOT have happened. As I watched this sugary brown foam trickling down over - well, completely everything - I was convinced of the existence not of a deity but an adversary. Laughing at me. It was a miracle, just not a good one.

AA

martym

Mr. Murphy is always lurking.
And when you think all is going well.........

November 2017 my wife was diagnosed with a brain tumor.
December 2017 we rented an apartment in Houston, she had surgery, and we lived there for about 1 month while she recovered.
We returned home and were back and forth to Houston every two weeks.
Finally she was released from doctor care and resumed her normal life at the end of May 1st of June 2018.
July 2018 our home was destroyed in a flood because our street’s storm drains were plugged up.
We moved in with a friend and his family and got back into our new home around November 2018.
December 2018 our employer furloughed both of us for a month but we did have to go to work everyday and work overtime. After everything that had already happened we missed 4 paychecks. Yes. We did eventually get paid.

If you can’t see the shiny side polish the dull side.
Don’t worry about the mule going blind; just load the wagon.
Embrace The Suck!!

November 2017 my wife was diagnosed with a brain tumor.
December 2017 we rented an apartment in Houston, she had surgery, and we lived there for about 1 month while she recovered.
We returned home and were back and forth to Houston every two weeks.
Finally she was released from doctor care and resumed her normal life at the end of May 1st of June 2018.
July 2018 our home was destroyed in a flood because our street’s storm drains were plugged up.
We moved in with a friend and his family and got back into our new home around November 2018.
December 2018 our employer furloughed both of us for a month but we did have to go to work everyday and work overtime.

Wow! Very glad to read the two of you came through the other side. Damn, that is beyond rough!

This is also a perfect illustration of why I am always greatly irked when people use "there's nothing worse than . . ." followed by something insipid, like waiting in line for stamps or a bad hair day. Above, folks -- there are few things worse than this.

If you can’t see the shiny side polish the dull side.
Don’t worry about the mule going blind; just load the wagon.
Embrace The Suck!!

That's the attitude everybody needs to get through the tough spots, and you've certainly been through one! Here's hoping you've got a nice long stretch of smooth road ahead!

martym

Doing the work I have done for more than 30 years has helped.
I have learned that no matter how bad I think I have it there are others who have it much worse.

I have a T-Shirt that reads:
Blood clots
Sweat dries
Bones heal
Suck it up buttercup

Top Bottom