What's new

Ever had an over the top "Badger and Blade" type of day?

I have the whole week off and I started it today with a series of purchases. First, this morning online, I bought one of these:

$_57.jpeg

I felt the need for one more blue dial watch. I only have the blue Scuba Dude for blue right now.

And I needed new shoes. I did not want some form of "sneakers". I wanted leather. So it was off to Red Wing Shoes. I decided on their Comfortpro #6708, brown leather.
RW06708C_MUL_N1_0916.jpeg

Wore them out of the store. I won't say what I wore into the store...except to say the word "velcro" could be used to describe part of their construction...

Then what the heck...across town over to River's Edge Cutlery for some shaving stuff. I bought some Col. Conk's pre-shave oil, a bottle of Pinaud Special Reserve AS, and a tube of Proraso Red cream.

But wait! There's more! In the same strip mall area was a Staples. The Parker refill on one of my pens exploded in the heat of my vehicle earlier this summer. So I went in and got another Parker refill, but this time a "gel" type.

20200914_132818.jpg

Is there such a thing as over doing it in one day?

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
If something is worth doing, it’s worth overdoing. Congrats on a productive day stimulating the economy B&B-style!

Forgot you were in my old area, River edge is a nice shop. Picked up some Stirling shave soap last time I was there. What pen is that ? It's good to be able to enjoy life.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Excellent day one! Plus it seems like you actually needed these items. Call it shopping therapy or stimulating the economy or just having fun!

Forgot you were in my old area, River edge is a nice shop. Picked up some Stirling shave soap last time I was there. What pen is that ? It's good to be able to enjoy life.

Chinese pen. Apparently a knock off of a Fellhoelter T-bolt, which one can never find or buy. It is machined copper. Liked it so much that I bought 2. From Gearbest. But I don't think this particular model is still available.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I dig the shoes and pen! Not much of a watch guy.

I hear what you’re saying though. It’s no longer keeping up with Joneses....it’s keeping up with Badger & Blade.

I dig the shoes and pen! Not much of a watch guy.

I hear what you’re saying though. It’s no longer keeping up with Joneses....it’s keeping up with Badger & Blade.

Yes. A journey into the frugal aspects of classical shaving may have got the ball rolling, but "B&B" turns it into a Cold War arms race analogue with the bad guys developing a Mig-25, which obligates you to counter with an F-15.

I've got a Timeless "Bronze" open comb. So I'm still a global player.

Top Bottom